δεκαπέντε

"Here is your lunch, miss!" A female monster said. I didn't have a clue what she was. She handed me a tray of chocolate pudding, carrot sticks, a hamburger, an apple, and some fries. It was like I was in school all over again. I sat down and took a bite of the burger. Except for the fact that school lunch was worse! This was delicious. I swallowed now nervous about exactly what I was eating. I hoped that I was eating a normal hamburger.

Luke slipped in across from me and grinned a little, "How's the food?" He asked.

I laughed weakly, "It's pretty decent. So... how did you do this? I mean... get a cruise ship and brainwashed mortals. It's not something you see every day even in demigod standards."

"With the help of Lord Kronos, of course." Luke beamed.

I shifted uncomfortably and then chugged my milk. I wipe my mouth, "I should have known. Hey, Luke?" I stopped myself not willing to discuss what kind of dream I had when I fell asleep last night. Kronos had told me if I had ended up not being his key Luke would suffer for it and become the vessel. I couldnt allow that to happen. But, I also couldn't allow Kronos to use me as vessel.

Luke raised an eyebrow at my intense expression, "You okay, Zoie?" He asked.

"Life is like the Labyrinth." I said simply before continuing, "It has its twists and turns, dead ends, painful encounters, monsters, possible death, and torture. But, you will always come out a better person... hopefully..."

Luke gave me a bewildered expression, "Ooookay? Are you feeling sick again?"

I rolled my eyes and stood up walking over to a trash can and throwing away the rest of my food which was half uneaten. I returned and sat beside him, "So... Luke..." I said quietly before stopping and then I took his hand and pulled him into a hug whispering, "I'm here for you friendo no matter what through thick and thin. That's what friendship is. Never giving up one another especially when things get tough." I grinned brightly as I pull away; masking my tension and sadness.

"Zoie? Seriously? Are you okay??" Luke looked worried for my mental health and I chuckled weakly.

"I'm as good as I can be, Luke..." I stood up and walked out of the dinner hall and moved to the side of the ship scanning the surrounding water. Where was my brother and when was he going to show up with the others? Was I still on their side? Had my alliegence shifted? A war inside my mind had ignited and I struggled to conclude an answer. Maybe... maybe I would never know.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

END OF BOOK ONE

Look for Book 2 || Labyrinth || PercyJacksonFanfic coming soon!