Δεκατέσσερα

As we walked up on deck I looked around at the sparkling ocean and the pools and the emotionless guests. Mortals, obviously. I turned to face Luke feeling the sick in my stomach growing. I took a deep breath, "Can I have some water?" I asked him.

Luke gave me a concerned look and then handed me a water bottle. "Here. Take it easy. Are you sure you are okay?"

I chugged the water down, "I will be now. Thanks." I gave a weak smile. However, I knew whatever I had been feeling would come back. Unfortunately, even water wasn't a permanent fix for this. And, that was saying something considering who I was the kid of.

"I know this might sound crazy but are you seasick maybe?" Luke asked.

I raised a confused eyebrow at him, "I don't think I can actually get seasick." I pointed out.

"Well... an old friend of mine was the child of Zeus and they were terrified of heights." He shrugged.

One guess who that was, the one and only Thalia Grace. I heaved a sigh and shook my head, "Yeah. But, still... I don't think this is as simple as seasickness."

It was his turn to give a bewildered look, "....Alrighty then." He heaved a sigh, "Well, we will figure it out. Come on. Let's head down and continue the tour. Are you hungry?" He said as he leads me down the stairs into the ship's interior again.

I shook my head, "I don't think I can eat at the moment but thank you." I rubbed my head feeling the beginning of being lightheaded hit me. "But, I do think I ought to rest a little. Maybe a dream or something can sort it out. Most of the time they do."

Before Luke could ask any questions I quickly slipped back into my cabin, locked my door and collapsed on my bed. I evened my breaths trying to quell the horrible sickness in my stomach and the stabbing headache in my temples. What was going on? This can't be normal. I closed my eyes struggling to sleep. 'Where was Advil when somebody needed it...' I thought bitterly to myself. I shifted on my bed and kept my eyes closed knowing sleep would come... eventually.

~*~

Suddenly, I started awake. I didn't know when I had fallen asleep but obviously, I had. I gingerly pushed myself up into a sitting position and for the first time ever I took a good look around my new room. Something about its white hotel-like appearance unnerved me. I was back to the internal struggle of who to trust because Luke was changing my mind. Maybe Kronos and Luke had a point. I shook my head quickly dismissing those thoughts. No. I wouldn't fall prey to him again. I had to remember that all he wanted was to destroy the world. But, even with that, there was still that small bit of me that whispered in the back of my mind that he was right.

I heaved a sigh and stretched shivering slightly. The nausea in my stomach had all but faded and the headache was dulled. That was good. I pushed myself up and instantly felt the sickness return. Not good. I swallow the bile that threatened to come up and heaved myself off the bed tottering to the mirror. I examined my pale pallor and muttered allowed to myself, "Maybe I am seasick. Is this some sort of punishment or something?" Normally I didn't get seasick.

I shook my head and clapped myself in the face, "Come on girl get a hold of yourself. Being seasick is so not cool." I shook my head and checked the time on my watch. It was about midday.