01 - GRUDGES

Even in the stars, Aurora remembered Thor, the man of thunder and lightning

Even in the stars, Aurora remembered Thor, the man of thunder and lightning. It wasn't every day one met a god. Years had passed in the blink of an eye and she found herself wondering what the immortal being was up to. Being up in the stars became miserable as she watched her earth began to die. The worst part was being out of control, there was nothing to fight except for what humans had created. She could only dream of other places.

She was waking up from her starlight slumber when she could have sworn she heard her name echoing through the stars.

"Aurora! I could really use your help! Please tell me you're up there!" a familiar voice screamed. She didn't exactly have a direct line of communication to Earth, so for someone to communicate with her it had to be a man of the Gods. Following the call, she slammed down to Earth as quickly as possible.

A blast of light exploded from her as the ground caved beneath her feet. There, she was met with a being the complete opposite of her. Aurora recalled the reign of Hela. It was the only time before 2012 she came close to having to protect a realm in person.

Behind her, there was a cheer. She turned to see Thor smiling wide, "Yes! The Lady of Light has returned! Have you met my sister?"

"Who might you be?" the Goddess Hela questioned before shrugging, saying, "Doesn't matter, guess I just have to kill one more person."

"You might find me a little difficult to kill," Aurora shot back as she fired the largest blast of light she could towards the Goddess. However, the woman was able to use her sword to block it, which was worrisome. Sure, she was a God, but how powerful could she be? Surely not enough to be stronger than Aurora.

Aurora fell to her knees, doing her best to be stronger than Hela, but it was too late. Another man, an Asgardian, was there. Aurora couldn't remember where she knew him from, but he was clearly on the side of Thor at the moment which was all that really mattered.

"Bring us back!" the dark-haired Asgardian shouted, which confused Aurora. It began to make sense when he grabbed Aurora by the arm to bring her with them as the Bifrost shot down, lifting them and hopefully leaving Hela behind. Aurora had never traveled through the Bifrost, she never had to.

She felt something grab her by the ankle and pull her from the other God's grip, looking down and seeing Hela with bloodthirst in her eyes and her teeth bared. Her sword slashed Aurora's throat, but all it did was release a beam of light before sealing back up again. One perk of not being human was that it was just a little bit harder for her to die. Aurora began to wonder if she even could, then again, there wasn't exactly a rulebook for what she was. Out of frustration, Hela let go of her and shoved her through the Bifrost. A feeling akin to shards of glass pierced her skin as she broke the beam, soon falling into open space. She was only freefalling for a minute before she fell through a portal of some type and hit the ground harder than she had ever felt before. Usually, when she hit the ground, her blast would protect her but instead of that she just had the wind knocked out of her while everything around her shook with her landing.