13 - REVOLUTION

"Okay, Aurora, you and Valkyrie go get the champions, and we will go find a ship with Loki's access to the Grandmaster's garage," Thor instructed and Aurora nodded, happy to team up with the girl

"Okay, Aurora, you and Valkyrie go get the champions, and we will go find a ship with Loki's access to the Grandmaster's garage," Thor instructed and Aurora nodded, happy to team up with the girl. She hadn't had any alone time with Valkyrie since they reunited and it was strange how much she found herself wanting to speak with the girl.

They set off on their separate ways, Aurora armed with one of Valkyrie's guns. She never really liked guns, they did far more harm than good, but she understood the necessity of it especially since her powers were growing weaker by the moment.

"You're dim," Valkyrie observed as they walked, trying to blend in with the crowds as they tried to get back to the stadium attached to the capital building. "Sorry, don't mean it like that. I mean, this planet is killing you."

"Not much happiness and joy to feed off of on a planet made of trash and misery," Aurora hummed, but she was more concerned than she wanted to give up. She wasn't sure how much help she would be against Hela if she was nothing more than a pretty human. "I'm sure I'll be fine."

"Famous last words," the other woman scoffed as she pulled Aurora out of the way of oncoming citizens. Valkyrie pulled them into an alley that would get them where they needed to go without being swarmed by people looking for Thor and Hulk. It was definitely a less than ideal situation, but Aurora supposed things would work out. At least, she hoped they would.

The silence was tense and Aurora wasn't sure how much longer she could take it, so, she broke it in the only way she could figure out how, "About what you said earlier. About liking living with me by your side, you meant that?"

Valkyrie stopped, turning to face Aurora. There was something indescribable how she looked at Aurora, she could never quite put her finger on it. "It doesn't matter if I meant it, it can't happen, can it? You need to go... back to the stars or wherever it is. Being human is killing you."

"Maybe it would be worth it," the words slip past her lips before she can stop them, but she realizes that she means it.

"You have a job to do, to protect, who am I if I take that away from you?" the woman's voice was masking pain, Aurora could tell, but she wasn't going to say anything about it. She knew how daunting it was to be seen. "This is not built to last, Aurora."

Aurora knew she was right as they continued walking. Of course, she was right. Aurora could not guard her realms if she was living a mortal life. She wondered if the stars would be okay without her. Or if they would dim when she finally lost all her power. Aurora didn't want to find out, but she didn't want to leave this.

"Brunnhilde," she spoke gently, tugging the girl's arm to get her to stop walking. They had a mission that was rather time-sensitive and they probably needed to stop messing around and actually get to where they needed to go, but Aurora couldn't bear for this conversation to be over. She wasn't sure what she was going to say, but as she looked into the woman's eyes she knew words weren't necessary.

Ever so carefully, she reached out and let her fingertips graze the woman's jawline, pale skin contrasting against Valkyrie's darkened skin tone and black hair. She traced Valkyrie's line of sight as the woman looked down at Aurora's fingertips, to her lips, and then back up to meet her eyes.

"Am I so wrong for not wanting to give this up?" Aurora whispered all thoughts of their mission abandoned as all she could think about was the warmth of the woman underneath her fingertips. Her heart was pumping so fast it could have fooled her into thinking there was blood in her veins instead of gold.

"I don't know," Valkyrie shook her head.

Time paused as their lips finally met. There was something different about it this time, something different from the last time they met like this. There was a calmness there, but also a sadness. Brunnhilde's hands reached up to cup Aurora's face and the blonde never wanted to let go of her again. The world seemed to stop and start with the two of them, time standing still around them.

When they finally pulled apart, they stayed there for a moment with their foreheads pressed against each other. Aurora was the first to speak, "We... we need to go. They're kind of counting us."

"Right, right, yeah," Valkyrie nodded, pressing one more chaste kiss to Aurora's lips before pulling away, "I know a way to get in right around here, and then from there I know where we're going."

"Do you think this'll work? That this Korg guy will want to help us?" Aurora asked as they walked through a maze of alleyways that Valkyrie was somehow able to navigate. She found a door and Valkyrie input a code that was able to open it. There were two guards flanking the door, but the woman had them both knocked out before they could even make a move.

Valkyrie shrugged as they continued on, "I think so. If Thor trusts him, he's probably good for it. Come on, they keep the champions down this way."

There was an air of uncertainty surrounding the two of them, but Aurora didn't want to comment on it. She knew what their fate would be and it wasn't a fate she liked. She decided it was better unacknowledged.

They found a door and Valkyrie tried to open it first but didn't succeed. So, she told Aurora, "Stand back."

She followed instructions, watching as Valkyrie aimed at the door and blew it clean off the hinges with her gun. She stepped inside with Aurora close behind her. There was a large creature that looked to be made of rocks and a smaller creature with a metal exoskeleton and what looked like knives for hands. Interesting friends Thor had.

"We're looking for Korg," Valkyrie announced and the rock-creature perked up.

"Who's asking?" he questioned as he stalked towards them, the other champions standing up as well. "I know you're asking. Is anyone else asking or is it just you two?"

Valkyrie grinned, "The Lord of Thunder sends his best."

She tossed him the gun and the creature, Korg, powered it up easily, nodding as he said, "The revolution has begun."

"