04 - COWARD

Aurora, despite being as old as time itself, had less life experience than a toddler

Aurora, despite being as old as time itself, had less life experience than a toddler. That being said, nothing could have prepared her for the bitter taste of shitty alcohol running down her throat. She had half a mind to spit it out, but instead, she forced herself to swallow it and cough.

Motioning to the bartender, she asked, "Could I just get some water, perhaps?"

The woman next to her laughed, tipping her drink and downing the rest of it before slamming the empty bottle down on the counter, "Another round for me, please. Leave princess here to her water, I plan on getting absolutely hammered."

"We don't accept stolen credits," the bartender crossed his arms as he looked Scrapper 142 up and down judgementally.

The woman simply rolled her eyes, "I said they're mine. You know the Grandmaster pays me handsomely for the champions I bring him."

Against her better judgment, Aurora decided it was likely best to stand up for the woman to avoid trouble, "She's right, I was there. The money's hers."

"Ay, you're new around here," the bartender leaned on the counter as his eyes met Aurora's and his voice lowered, "My advice? Stay the hell away from 142, she's a whirlpool who sucks in and destroys anything willing to get close to her."

Scrapper 142 scoffed as she opened up her new bottle, "Jesus, we hook up once and you act like I broke your heart or whatever. Just take my damn money, I don't have time for this. I just wanna get drunk."

The man glared at her as he begrudgingly took her credits. The conversation was interrupted when the familiar voice of Thor broke through the atmosphere, "Hey, hey!"

Looking over at where the champions were preparing for battle, the woman held up the device that still controlled the shocker on Thor's neck. Teasing him with it, she greeted dangerously, "Hey."

"Thor! Are you all right?" Aurora ran over to the electric barrier. She placed her hand on it and felt power run through her veins as she greeted her friend. "I'm so sorry they have you locked up, I would trade places with you in a heartbeat."

"I'm all right, Aurora, you did what you had to do," Thor reassured, offering her a gentle albeit nervous smile before turning to the woman still sitting at the bar, "This woman, however, has been lying! You do know me, at least, my people." As she held up the device, he pointed at her and spoke cautiously, "Do not zap me with that thing, I just want to talk. Asgard is in danger."

The woman ignored him as the pair of them stared her down while she took a drink. She refused to acknowledge the God, but he seemed to notice something as there was a glint of recognition in his eyes, "My God! You're a Valkyrie! I used to wanna be a Valkyrie when I was younger... until I found out you were all women. There's nothing wrong with women, of course, I love women. Sometimes a little too much. Not in a creepy way, just more of a respectful appreciation. I think it's great that there's an elite force of women warriors. It's about time."