05 - IRA

The outburst caused things between them to be tense, but not enough that Valkyrie told Aurora to hit the road, so she was at least thankful for that

The outburst caused things between them to be tense, but not enough that Valkyrie told Aurora to hit the road, so she was at least thankful for that. The two, however, remained quiet as they returned to the woman's ship. The surge of power from that electrical fence had only lasted so long and Aurora could feel herself weakening and she hated it. She needed at the very least a temporary fix before she could return to the stars. She had to defend Asgard and help her friends, she could not rest without knowing she had done what she was called to do. However, if she waited too long she was going to be in no shape to defeat Hela, she had barely been in the shape to do when she had all her power.

"What do we do now?" Aurora finally broke the heavy silence as they loaded onto the ship. Without a word, Valkyrie handed her a drink.

"We drink and we wait."

"Wait for what?"

"The show to begin," the woman explained as she settled into the control center, "The contest of champions, what I sold your God to. You're lucky I didn't sell you off, too, I would have gotten quite the payday for a two-for-one. That contest would rip you to shreds."

Aurora scoffed as she crossed her arms and sat down on the metal ledge that dipped into the control center, sitting diagonally behind where the other woman rested. "You cannot kill me, I am not human."

"Maybe not now," Valkyrie began with a shrug as she took a swig of her drink, "but it doesn't take a genius to see that you're weakening, right? When I first found you, you were as bright as the sun. Now, not so much. You need a hit of some stardust, I'm guessing, huh? Soon enough you'll wither away like the rest of us stuck on this stupid planet."

Although she would never let her expression give it away, the words Valkyrie spoke terrified her. Aurora couldn't let herself fade away or remain human for long, there was no one else to guard the stars and all they spanned. Who would protect her people if she was here? Human? She wanted to die at just the thought of being so puny and weak. With the woman's words, she stayed silent, instead opting to look at the window at the heaps of garbage falling from the multiple portals in the sky. God, of course, she had to land on one of the worst planets imaginable. As the sun began to settle behind the horizon line, Valkyrie started up the ship. Aurora realized the higher they got that they were flying up above an arena.

As the blazing lights blinded them, Aurora realized it was a giant projection of the Grandmaster. Scoffing at the image, she moved to sit on the edge of the open area of Valkyrie's ship, next to the other woman who miraculously had another bottle in her hand.

"How do you drink that stuff? It's disgusting," Aurora grimaced as the woman offered her a sip.

She shrugged, taking a swig, "Once you have enough shit you want to forget, you stop caring about the taste. At this point, I drink this shit like it's water."