12 - SHE FOLLOWED

"You're the bastard who attacked New York!" Aurora exclaimed with realization, "Gosh, that must have been like, what, a hundred years ago now?"

Thor shook his head, "Seven, but that's not important." He picked up something that looked vaguely like a bottle and threw it at his brother's head, watching as it hit his head and then clattered onto the floor.

"Ow," Loki mumbled.

"Just had to be sure," Thor nodded.

"Hello, Bruce," Loki spoke as the other man approached him.

Bruce looked offput by his presence and Aurora watched with her arms crossed and a careful expression, "So, last time I saw you, you were trying to kill everybody. Where are you at these days?"

Loki's expression was unchanging as he answered, "It varies from moment to moment."

Aurora did not like this one bit. Last she checked, Loki was incredibly dangerous. He had literally opened a portal between realms in order to attack New York City and now he was sitting here wrapped in chains as if that was protection enough for them. Something clicked in her mind as she registered where else she had seen him.

"Norway!" she exclaimed, "I remember you! You were fighting Hela with us! I knew I'd seen you before!"

"Oh yeah!" the God nodded, "I knew I recognized you, glad we figured that out."

"Is that a dragonfang?" Thor interrupted their conversation as Aurora walked over to Valkyrie. The woman was putting a weapon wrapped in cloth down on the table and she wondered if that was what Thor was talking about.

Valkyrie nodded as she walked away, "It is."

"My God," Thor muttered as he unsheathed the weapon, "This is the famed sword of the Valkyrie."

The woman ignored this as she explained, "Sakaar and Asgard are as far apart as any two known systems. Our best bet is a wormhole outside city limits. Refuel on Xandar and we can be back in Asgard in 18 months."

"Nope," the man shook his head immediately, explaining, "We're going through the big one."

"The Devil's Anus?" Brunnhilde asked and Aurora snorted at the name.

"There's no way that's really what it's called," the woman chuckled as she took in the other's deadly serious expression.

Their conversation seemed to spark Bruce's attention as he called over, "Anus? Who's anus?"

Thor sighed, "For the record, I didn't know it was called that when I picked it."

Bruce walked over to the window with what looked like a sandwich in his hand. Where he had gotten the sandwich, Aurora had no idea. She was glad food was never something she had to worry about eating, it seemed like such a hassle. Then again, most human things felt like a hassle. One human thing she didn't mind were emotions, though, they were complicated but she found she quite liked them. At least, when it came to Brunnhilde she liked them. Even though they had yet to acknowledge anything that had happened between them, she hoped the woman could feel the warmth too. She sighed, knowing this probably shouldn't be the thing she was worrying about right now. There were larger problems at hand.