08 - STAY

The rest of the walk felt like it took forever, but eventually, they approached a large archway with two guards

The rest of the walk felt like it took forever, but eventually, they approached a large archway with two guards. Valkyrie kicked aside one of the guard's scepter's with a chuckle as they saw the Hulk waiting for her. Aurora wasn't sure how comfortable she was with this considering A) recent events with Brunnhilde and B) the fact that the previous night she had watched Thor get the shit beaten out of him by this creature.

"Angry girl!" the creature exclaimed as he lifted his weapon while Valkyrie ran toward him. He swung it at her, but she slid and ducked as they went into a play-fighting routine. It was odd to see Valkyrie with a genuine smile on her face. In fact, Aurora wasn't sure if she ever had seen her with a genuine smile on her face before. With a smile, Valkyrie kicked the creature down and the ground shook as he fell. There was one distinct thing missing: Thor.

"Aurora!" Thor exclaimed as he came out from what looked like a hiding place behind a shelf. He ran over to her, holding his arms out to which she grabbed him in a hug, "I was waiting to trap this lovely Valkyrie into speaking with me but you're here! Why are you still with this scoundrel? Did she kidnap you?"

"Quite the opposite," Valkyrie's smile faded as she walked over to the pair who separated. "I can't seem to get rid of her no matter how hard I try. Now's my chance so I won't speak with you Thor, I only came because I knew Aurora wanted to see you. You're so thick-headed that you can't tell when someone who is hiding across the universe wants to be left alone."

Valkyrie tried to leave, but Thor followed her saying, "We need to talk."

"Brunnhilde, why not hear him out?" Aurora asked mainly just because she didn't want the girl to leave. She was just as alone on this planet with no way to navigate it as Thor was and Valkyrie was her way out. She wasn't even sure how to get back to the stars at this point for she felt so lost.

"Because you want to talk to me, not have a talk. I'm not gonna listen to anything you have to say. Goodbye, Aurora," the woman mused as she headed for the exit. Aurora didn't know what to say to make her stay, so she stayed silent as she watched the girl leave.

Thor turned to Hulk saying, "I need her to stay."

The creature nodded, grabbing the headboard of his bed and throwing it in Valkyrie's path, "Stay? Block!"

It seemed to be efficient enough because the girl stopped in her tracks. Aurora sighed in relief. Thor shot Hulk a look before turning to say, "Stay. Please."

With a huff, the woman turned around, her eyes darting to meet Aurora's before moving over to the shelf saying, "All right, here's the deal. I'll listen to you --" she plucked a large bottle off the shelf, "--till this is empty."