Part 2

You rolled over in bed trying to hold the last remnants of sleep. However, the light that peeked through the drapes was not going to allow it. With a groan, you sat up trying to make your brain achieve some sort of clarity. The rush of the evening and early morning events came flooding back quickly. "Oh shit. What time is it?" You rubbed your face before looking over at the clock. It was early afternoon and there were still several hours before you were to meet Leonard.

Leonard. That damn smirk of his made your cheeks hot just thinking of it. A cold shower helped that and awoke the rest of your senses. You had only slept a few hours but you felt more awake than you had in ages. Two messages had been left for you. One marked urgent from Maggie, demanding you contact her to ensure you made it home alive. The other from Doctor Baush requesting the final reports for the outgoing crew physicals for the USS Tempest. They were due within the day and the ship would be unable to leave without them. "Damn, I completely forgot." It was not like you to forget such an important task. There was no access to the reports from your home so you would have to go to your office to send them.

You hurried pulling on your medical uniform and made your way to the Medstation, trying not to run down the corridors. It took several minutes to upload the reports from your PADD to Doctor Baush. You sighed with relief as they finished. With that task complete you were able to focus on your impending date with Leonard. Distracted by the thoughts of what you would wear for the evening, you did not see Nurse Ravins running after you. "Doctor [Y/L/N]! Wait! Please I need you." Turning to look at the woman, she was worried and quite out of breath.

"Nina, slow down. What's the matter?" The woman handed you a PADD, that currently showed a medical file.

"There is a patient here that you need to see. I don't know where Doctor Baush went and honestly unless it's you or him, he wouldn't want anyone else taking care of this patient." You stood there confused.

"We staff five other doctors, Nina. There are all perfectly..." The woman pulled your arm and all but dragged you down the corridor.

"No, ma'am. You have to see this one now. I don't care if you write me up for manhandling you. You have to see him." You had never known Nina to be so forceful. This must have been a unique situation. You allowed her to show you down to the exam room. The door slide open, there sat a man with his head bent low in his hands. Stepping in you looked over the file on the PADD realizing who was seated before you.

"So I guess having the name James Kirk gets you special treatment." The head popped up quickly and your jaw felt like it hit the ground. "Are you kidding me? You're the pretty boy from the bar." His blond hair was going in all which ways, the tissue around his left eye was swollen and the sclera was red from many broken blood vessels.

"And you're that woman that Bones hasn't shut up about all day. He probably mentioned in there sometime you were a doctor. Just my luck as always. Look I am not here for special treatment. I wouldn't let him treat me. He is a pain in my ass. But this eye was creeping me out. Figured I should have it checked by someone." You grinned with a short nod in his direction.

"Now I know why Nina didn't want anyone else. The others would be too awestruck and be kissing at your boots. Sit back and let me look you over. I am going to go with you were punched?" Jim nodded as you stepped close with the tricorder.

"A little misunderstanding with someone's husband. But he looks worse." A smirk appeared as he looked off to the side. Your fingers lightly pushed onto the bruised tissue, feeling for anything out of place or broken. He winced but did not move away.