Unfortunate

Aaron hobbled down the steps, with the help of another nurse. She was old, but very nice, reminded him of his grandmother in a way. The nurse led him to an office, where Zack sat in his leather chair surrounded by shelves and degrees. Aaron placed his crutches against the wall and sat down in the chair in front of the desk. "We're going to be taking a brake from the physical therapy for today, I want to try something different." Zack shuffled out some blurred pictures. "I want you to tell me what you see." Aaron rolled his eyes slightly and glared at the pictures.

"Nothing it's blurred." He simply said.

"Figuratively." Zack pushed the pictures closer. Aaron let out a sigh and examined harder.

"I see a boy, with a gun. In a-"

Denim black coat with a fur collar. The boy had just turned 12, his Uncle handed him the shotgun from his garage, letting the boy test it out. New and polished.

"Now Aaron when your pointing the gun at the target you wanna be calm, no shaking around you hear?" Aaron nodded his head. "Now reload." The clicking sound of the ammo echoed through the snowy woods, Aaron gently squeezed the trigger, his large coat sagging, the gun slightly pulling him down. He focused in on the rabbit, the poor creature didn't know what was about to happen, until-

Bang! The shots fired out and echoed, he missed. The rabbit hopped away as he lowered the gun in defeat. "I can't do it, it's to heavy." Aaron sighed, his uncle chuckled and patted his shoulder.

"You'll get him someday boy I promise ya."

Aaron looked over at the other picture-

Three years later, at the age of 15 Aaron was a professional, he knew how to flip the gun, fire it, and even do a fancy ammo trick. He settled with the pistol his uncle got him for his thirteenth birthday. In the hot summer he stood in black jeans and a grey T-shirt. Trying to show off to his cousins who sat on a fallen tree. "Well ain't that nice." One of them chuckled. Aaron focused on a deer this time, it's head bowed down eating the fresh green grass, until-

Bang! The deer fell to the ground as he ran over to stare at his kill. It wasn't dead, it was still alive. Aaron looked in terror as the poor thing wriggled around in pain, sending out a painful noise. It gutted Aaron's heart, he thought it would be over, no more pain or suffering. But the deer squirmed. "Take it out of its misery!" One of his cousins shouted. Aaron started to tear up, letting out a throaty gasp in between sobs. Everyone was screaming and shouting, chaos. Until he felt his uncle grab the gun and fire off another shot. The deer was dead.

Aaron looked up at his uncle teary eyed. "That's why you always aim for the head." His uncle stated. That was the same summer Aaron wasn't aloud to come back to the ranch.

"So what do you think this resembles?" Zack snapped Aaron out of his thought.

"I guess," Aaron looked out the window, "my father in a way, I try to stand up to him, but I miss my shot. And the deer, I guess represents the fight between us we had a couple years back. When I moved into my apartment. I finally stood up to him, and got him. Hurting him, watching him suffer. And all this time, he was just trying to eat the grass." Aaron chuckled.

"And by trying to eat the grass, you mean protecting you?"

"I guess..."

"That'll be all for today, thank you Aaron." Zack signed him off as Aaron hobbled upstairs to his room.