Lost

For Luka.

Aaron's POV

I remember when I was seven, my parents hired me a babysitter. Given the fact that they were gone they needed someone to watch me, even when Melissa was gone. I know at that age I was not feeling the whole "baby sitting" thing. But this one in particular caught my eye.

Her name was Lea. Honestly the first nice person I met. She was kind of, interesting. Very goth and mostly kept to herself. But not to me, I was her "favorite". She would always let me stay up past nine and watch scary movies.

But there was this one day, she showed up to the house with a bruise on her leg, it was the summer and my parents went out for the night, taking my sister since I was apparently bad. I was eight, and I was showing her these DVD's I got when I saw it.

"What happened to your leg?"  She hid her legs under her black skirt and smiled.

"What happened to your face." She joked and lightly nudged me. I chuckled a bit, but I was worried.

I bugged her all day about it. Following her around with questions.

"Was it a car accident?"

"A fight? Did you win?"

"Did you trip?"

"Was it your dog?" I asked with a face full of pizza. Lea sighed while she scrubbed the dish pan.

"You know when people get mad at each other," she slightly faced me. "Sometimes the panic, because they don't really know why they're mad at the person. And they just choose the quickest option, which is to hurt people." I tilted my head in confusion.

"Did someone hurt you?" Lea turned to me with a big smile.

"Don't worry about it, I was just rambling."

I remember the day, when my parents got the call....They said she died. Suicide. I was only eight, I didn't really know what suicide is and why people do it.

I really started to think about death, all these people slowly dying around me but yet I couldn't do anything.

Because I was only eight.