Four

Today is Christmas Eve.

    I am personally surprised the world still celebrates such a season, for with the rise of quirks, you'd expect humanity to evolve past the need for religion. But, there are a few families who still do believe in the possibility of a God or Gods. Others merely enjoy the giving activities and take part in that along with spending time with family and friends.

   I do not. I don't have a religion nor do I partake in the gift-giving tradition, but the holiday scenery and atmosphere is still lovely, nonetheless.

    It was a time of year when crime typically dials down, but this time around, the Villains were more persistent, making such a simple thing as gift shopping extremely unnerving to the average citizen.

    Many heroes were working hours on end, and with All Might out of the picture, it was harder than they expected it to be. The fall of the symbol of peace created a new sense of hope to the villains, even with their supposed leader locked up in prison.

    And when villains have hope, well, no one else does.

    I wonder sometimes, especially now, as I look through the windows of one of the school's highest floors, if all of this U.A. is doing for me truly necessary.

    Am I being selfish by being here?

    The League of Villains have many objectives on their mind at the moment, I'd imagine. That Giran man may have forgotten about me by now.

    Should I go home?

Surely I can't be that significant.

    Maybe he was unsure of what he experienced with me and lost interest, searching for someone else to replace the role I was supposed to fill. Maybe this whole sheltering ordeal was all for nothing.

    I was making Nezu go out of his way to get me a place to stay on campus. A job as well.

    And Aizawa is worried for his students just by me being here.

    It was causing a whole lot of stress, you could feel it in the air, I could sense it in my bones.

    I really don't mean to be selfish, if that's what this is. It wasn't my idea, but I also wasn't going to turn it down when Hizashi suggested it back in the alleyway.

    I should be focusing on the safety of others instead of myself. That's what a real hero does.

    But you're not a hero, now are you?

    No, I am not, but I'm not a Villain either. I never will be.

    It was dark outside. Two days ago, I was given a tour of the school by Aizawa. Yesterday, I moved all my items in. Today, I was organizing my new office space that led all the way until the afternoon. The only people who I saw today were Principal Nezu, of course, and my grandmother, Chiyo Shuzenji, or what others refer to as "Recovery Girl." I was surprised to hear she still worked here, so I decided to visit her to announce the news and catch up. We weren't close, especially since I spent many years of my life in America, but we got along well.

    She conceived my mother in America during a vacation. She didn't know who the father was, only that he was American, so mom was given the Shuzenji surname. Unfortunately, I'm stuck being a Young. I suppose I could have legally changed my last name, but I just didn't have the money to do such a thing.

    Deciding to head back to the dorms, I made my way down stairs. I was the only one staying in the guest dorm building, so it was quite lonely. Not looking forward to it, I walked slowly.