Fourteen

Shouta Aizawa pinched the bridge of his nose as he tiredly sighed. His frame was slouched over his desk, room quiet, for it was his planning period, and he chose to spend it grading papers.

It was clear that he was exhausted, running on absolutely no sleep. This was no surprise to the other staff, for his drowsy appearance was nothing new. Many have tried to persuade the man to take some time off and focus on his rest, but he only responds to those people with ignorance, and proceeds to refuse, and overwork himself. Therefore, they've given up, and can only watch as the man destroys his wellbeing.

It hurt to watch, really, and that's all people really can do, for if someone is unwilling to change their ways after you warn them, there's nothing you can. You can't force change onto someone, so what else is there?

You can be there for them, for one, and that's exactly what those who were close to the man were doing.

Shouta got in late last night, and by the time he cleansed whatever injuries he received from his hero work, and laid his head on his pillow, the clock struck 5:30 A.M, and it was suddenly time for him to get up and get ready for his day job.

A knock echoed through the classroom and abruptly made Aizawa flinch, and quickly sit up. When he looked up, his eyes glared into stylish glasses that belonged to none other than his best friend.

"Yo, you got a minute?" Hizashi asked, voice surprisingly at a normal, calm volume. It must be serious. Shouta's classroom door was already open, so the man just let himself in.

"Are you here to help me grade these essays?" His voice was particularly dark and aggravated. "If not, leave."

Hizashi didn't respond to the outburst, and instead moved in front of Shouta's desk and hoisted himself up to sit on one of the student tables.

"Midnight and I missed you at dinner yesterday. I thought you were coming, but you were out all night again, weren't you?" The English teacher's expression was serious, though his actual eyes could not be seen through the thick sunglasses. Many would be surprised at this version of the great Present Mic, but it was nothing new to Shouta. He has seen all sides of his close friend, at his best and at his worst, and trust him when he says you do not want to piss off Hizashi Yamada.

Aizawa leaned back in his chair and sighed again. "Something came up."

"And what came up, exactly?" Yamada asked, concerned. "I'm not an idiot, Shouta. I monitored criminal activity last night, and it was lacking." Taking off his sunglasses, his true gaze was revealed, and was congested with concern.

Aizawa's eyes moved back down to his desk, making marks on a students paper, "Just because the League of Villains have gone astray doesn't mean there's no more villainy in general. There is plenty of petty crime to go around."

"Petty crime is. . petty, Shouta. Leave it to the police to deal with those cases."

The man went quiet after the blond responded. They shared a moment of silence.

"Did you see the news yesterday?" Hizashi eventually asked. Shouta scoffed.

"Endeavor is a stardom-hungry dumbass. The League of Villains are still where they have always been: right in front of us."

"Statistics don't lie, Shouta. The crime rate in Musutafu is dropping, so you need to take a moment to relax―"

"Do not tell me to relax!" His voice raised slightly, when he looked up, a slightly shocked look came to Hizashi's face before he briefly raised his hands in surrender. A few seconds passed before Shouta continued, volume lowering. "Ever since the Danton Lynch incident, crime has been decreasing. Why do you think that is, Hizashi?"