Nineteen

As Shouta slowed and came to a stop, so did I. We were still in the middle of the forest, in the middle of no where, by ourselves with the full moon and stars of the midnight sky casting down on us.

    We both took a minute to catch our breaths, and to calm the adrenaline that was surging through us. His back faced me.

    Despite what just happened to me with that man, a significant relief came over me. We got out safely, unharmed, and ultimately, unnoticed.

    Ignoring the horrific experience I just had, and the demand I was issued, I expressed my relief with a smile, as my vision casted towards Aizawa. When I began to catch my breath, I was the first to speak.

    "What a rush!" I exclaimed, laughing briefly between breaths. "I can't believe you do this all the time! It's so. . . exhilarating, this feeling! I can't believe we got out unnoticed!"

    Shouta was crouched close to the ground, hands lowered tossing a small rock up and down that he picked up from the earth. He was quiet, and it was then clear that he did not share my same enthusiasm.

    When I noticed his quietude, I approached him. "Shouta?" I called his name.

    After I called out his name, I heard him mumble something underneath his caught breath, but I couldn't make out what he specifically stated.

    "What? I can't hear you," I told him.

    I was met with a few seconds of silence before he stood from his crouched position, returned his hands to his side, rock still in hand, and turned his head and part of his body to look at me over his shoulder, but not directly.

    "You idiot," he stated louder, agitation in his tone.

    "Shouta—"

    "You idiot!" His voice raised substantially as he focused his rage into throwing the rock through the air. The force of the throw was so fueled, it disappeared from sight and I didn't see it land.

    Shocked by his sudden temper, I flinched, a hand raising to my mouth, eyes widening. I didn't say anything as Shouta began to yell at me.

    "Were you trying to get us killed?" He scolded, voice loud as he faces me. "I give you one, simple instruction to stay exactly where you are and don't move, and you can't even follow that!"

My eyes closed in response to the yelling. I didn't like to be yelled at. Especially by people I care about, but the things he was saying, he wasn't wrong. I knew that.

"I should have never let you come with me on this mission! I should have known you couldn't obey simple fucking instructions!"

The urge to cry engulfed me, but I didn't have any tears left after the encounter with that man, so I just took it.

"I was in the process of collecting extremely advantageous information that could lead us to the downfall of the League of Villains and because of you, I have nothing to show for tonight!"

A part of me wanted to argue, and explain that just us finding this location was a big win, but I knew of his rage, and decided the smarter move was to stay quiet.

Silence consumes the air as he finishes his scolding. Aizawa turns and moves to sit himself down on a nearby fallen log. His hands raise to his head, fingers interlocking roughly with his hair as he looks toward the ground. His back faced me.

When he quit yelling, my eyes opened again, but I stayed quiet. My gaze followed him as I throughly took in everything he previously said to me.