Fun Ghoul and Kobra Kid

Note: this is quite a long chapter. Feel free to read it in bits.

Mikey's alarm went off. 6.30am. It being a Monday morning he decided he probably should wake Gerard. Despite still being furious at him, he knew Gee didn't take any sleep regulator drugs, meaning he would sleep at the strangest times, often getting into trouble for it.
"Gee?" Mikey knocked on his bedroom door, "Gee you awake?" He opened the door. Empty. He began to panic. He shut the door and leaned against the wall. Sitting in the hallway until he calmed himself down and went downstairs.

Three flights of stairs later he reached the kitchen where his mom was packing her bag.
"Where's Gerard?" He asked. Slightly scared.
His mom looked up calmly, "Oh he left last night."
"Without telling me!?" Mikey started crying, "He wouldn't do that."
His mother came over to him.
"He had to leave very quickly."
"Why did he have to go?"
"He was too much trouble. If we kept him round longer Better Living Industries may have found him and punished all of us."
She went to hug him. Mikey stood there not hugging back. She let go.
"Hey I know this is a stressful time for you so you can stay home today. I'll tell school you have allergies again." He nodded.
"And I can see your medication is wearing off Mikey, remember to take your pills."
"I will," He replied.

Heading back upstairs, Mikey went into the bathroom to get his pills. He poured some out from each bottle and  held them in his palm, hesitating.
'What would be the harm in not taking them?' He thought, 'Gee was fine.'
Mikey put all the pill bottles back in the cupboard.
'Just for today, I won't take these' he told himself, he walked over to toilet and flushed them down the bend.

Mikey opened the door again to Gerard's room. Things seemed out of place. The blinds were still shut and the lights were dim enough to see the ceiling stars. He didn't think much of that as Gee had probably left in a hurry.
Gee's old baseball bat lay on the floor completely scorched. He stared, disturbed. Looking around he also found some pieces of paper and a pen lying on his bed. Mikey picked it up and read the note.

'First things first, I just want to say I'm sorry. I hate to leave you, being your brother and all. I don't know exactly when I'll go after writing this. Sooner or later I'll have to.

I didn't want to tell you this. But I think they're after me, the Scarecrows I mean. In homeroom today on of the BLI operatives came to test people. I hid in the bathroom most of the day. Got four extra detentions for it. So I win.

They're after me Mikey. Being the older one I don't like to admit this, but I'm scared.
"If you're mad at me for going, please know that while I am sorry, you could've come with me. Raid my closet if it makes you feel better.

Hate to say this bu-' The letter ended with a sharp random pen mark. Almost like the it had been spooked by something.

Mikey's hand caught on the black sheet covering the wall, it landed on his face which caused him to trip over the side table and land on the metal leg of the bed which electrocuted him slightly. He landed on the floor with a muffled squeak. Mikey fought the sheet off him hitting his elbows and knees on everything.
"Ow." He moaned, throwing the sheet on the floor and standing up, "Wow." He saw the wall.

Gerard had nailed on a while array of scraps of shiny metal things he found. Along the top he had arranged some bits of broken CDs to say, 'Art is the Weapon.' With some words along the bottom saying 'Make Some Noise.' In the middle of the wall he had made a huge hand out of tin can lids pulling the finger. Mikey smiled. He had always admired Gee's art. He treated it like a form of rebellion. This was on a whole other level.

Mikey decided to hunt through Gee's closet, seeing as he had permission to.
At first glance it was just full of black pants and white school shirts. As well as a grey Mousekat tshirt.
Underneath the clothes in the corner sat a couple of boxes. Mikey dragged them out. On the top was an off yellow tshirt with black stripes on it. Below that was a red leather jacket with a tag reading 'Happy 16th Mikey.' His eyes lit up. After putting on the shirt and jacket, he slid the box back into the wardrobe and put Gerard's room back together and taking the note.