The Parade

"Miss me!" The words blurted out of his mouth.
Party Poison sat up, aware of his lack of breath and heartbeat. He didn't have his jacket.

Sensing something behind him, he swung around, facing the black feathered being standing behind him. Poison freaked out and reached for his ray gun. The holster was empty.

"You're the Phoenix Witch," He said as he calmed himself down.
"It appears so," She replied.
"Where are the others? We need to help Motorbaby. BLI took her."
"They will come. But you can't help them Poison. We can only watch."

The strange emptiness in the void opened slightly. Through the haze Poison watched the fight play out in the BLI Headquarters.
The Draculoid shot down Kobra Kid. Poison shrieked and fell to his knees, clawing at the viewpoint into the other world.
"Kobra!" He screamed into the void. "Mikey!" Still trying to get through. Another yell escaped his throat as Frank and Ray were gunned down.

The Phoenix Witch reached out a spindly bandaged arm and pulled him upright.
"I promise you will see them again. The girl is safe."
She led him away from the void to what looked like a dark old house.
"Party Poison has succeeded in what he needed to do. His time is done." The Phoenix Witch gently pushed him through the door.
"What now then?" He asked.
"You will lead the Parade. Forget the other world. It has a savior now. The others will come."

After the door slammed shut and disappeared, Gerard approached the small fountain near the window. He dipped his hands in the slightly murky water, splashing it over his face. As the water ran down his chin, he looked in the mirror and saw the ray gun wound had faded and vanished. Confused, he got more water and splashed his face again then staring back into the mirror. The hollows in his cheeks filled out. He looked healthier despite being dead. Curiosity got the better of him. He ran his water covered hands through his hair, surprisingly calm as his messy crimson hair fell away into a short platinum buzz cut.

Gerard looked down and noticed he now wore all black military clothes. He paused then did up his jacket.

He turned from the mirror and Mikey stood at the other side of the room. Filled with joy, he quickly ran over. As he got closer Mikey's Killjoy attire faded to the same black clothing and his hair was now short and dark.

"I fucking missed you," Gerard said as he wrapped his arms around Mikey.
"Same," he replied shakily. "It's been forever."

Ray appeared with the same darker clothes and shorter hair. Frank came soon after.
"I'm so glad you're here," Gerard told Ray and then went to see Frank.
"Did you notice the door?" Frank asked him.
"It just appeared now." He replied.
"So I guess you didn't see it."
"Are you questioning my intelligence Frankie?"
"I'm always questioning."
"Fucker."

"Let's go guys." Gerard led them out the door.
No one felt cold despite the snow. They kept walking towards the parade  heading their way.
Once they met they stepped onto the float. One by one they grabbed the instruments. Gerard gripped the microphone stand. Soft piano played out in the distance. A woman in a hoop skirt and gas mask walked out in front of the float.
"Welcome to the Black Parade."