• run away •

I wiped away my tears with my sleeves as I ran farther away from the place I called home. I finally stopped running when I was out of breath. I looked up to see trees.

I had somehow ended up in the woods.

"Great. I'm probably gonna get murdered out here." I muttered as I sat down and leaned my head on a tree trunk.

Why did I have to end up in this situation? Why couldn't I just be a normal high schooler that doesn't talk to ghosts?

Suddenly I felt a chill down my spine. I could already tell who was here.

"I'm sorry..." Jimin said quietly. I sighed and turned to look at him. I shifted my gaze over to a bird in its nest.

I couldn't say anything to him. There was nothing I could say.

I wonder how my life would be if I never saw Jimin outside...

"If it makes you feel any better, I still have one more thing to do before I can rest. Then I'll be gone for good..." Jimin said.

"And what is that?" I folded my legs up and sat my head on my knees.

"I want to get my little sister a birthday present." Jimin said.

"That's an odd reason to come back..." I quickly covered my mouth after realizing what I said.

"It's fine, really. I was on my way to pick up a gift for her birthday but..." Jimin paused.

"But...?" I said.

"But someone crashed into my car and that's all I remember." Jimin gave me a sad smile.

"Why didn't you do it yourself? Why do you need me to help you?" I snapped. Jimin sat in silence.

I shouldn't have snapped at him like that. Now I feel bad.

"Well, I found out my family had moved from our old neighborhood, so I wandered around and ended up finding you."  Jimin smiled. I slightly smiled and stretched out my legs.

"What kind of toy did your sister want?" I started to stand up.

"She wanted a Littlest Pet Shop. She loved collecting those." Jimin stood up as well.

"Then let's go buy that gift. It'll be for the best." I patted Jimins' shoulder.

-
I walked down the quiet neighborhood with Jimin. It was possible they could've moved here.

"So where do you think they are now?" My eyes ran over every house. Suddenly Jimin stopped. I stopped too.

"What's wro-" My eyes shifted to a little girl running around on the grass. Then my eyes shifted to two grown ups sitting on the porch watching her.

"Kyung-Soon." Jimin said under his breath.

Authors Note
I'm so sorry for not updating! School has taken a lot of energy and time out of my day and I've also had writers block. We're actually in the middle of a power outage as I'm writing this so I'll try to get another chapter out today. Thank you for being patient. And thank you for 300+ reads! I purple you all 💜