• goodbye •

We arrived at an empty park and sat down on a bench. I looked over at Jimin. He looked upset, even though he just talked to his family.

"What's wrong now?" I furrowed my eyebrows. Jimin placed his cold hand on mine.

"Well, now that I have my sister her birthday present, I have to leave." Jimin said solemnly. I processed what he said. Then it hit me—I'll never see him again.

"But you can't! You can't leave! I won't have anyone left!" I started sobbing to the point where I couldn't breathe.

"I'm so sorry Y/N. I would stay but I have no choice." Jimin tried consoling me but it didn't work. Then I felt something cold but soft on my cheek. I stopped crying and saw Jimin back away. He pursed his lips and looked at the ground. I touched my cheek in shock.

"Sorry. It was the only way I could get you to stop crying," Jimin continued, "...and that was to say goodbye."

"You really have to leave?" I sighed. Jimin wiped my tears with his sleeve.

"Yeah. I'll try to visit if I can." Jimin gave me a reassuring smile. I took a deep breath and hugged him.

"Thank you, for everything." I said as I felt more tears stinging my eyes. I pulled back and wiped my eyes. Jimin kissed my cheek one last time and smiled. Then he faded away. I wiped my eyes again, even though they were really sore. Coincidentally, it started to rain.

I need to go home. My mother is probably worried about me.

I slowly got up from the bench and flipped my hoodie over my head. With my hands in my pockets, I walked home in the rain.

I walked in to find my mother with her hands folded in her lap on the couch. She jolted her head up when she heard the door close.

"Hi mom..." I slowly walked into the house. She nearly tackled me when she gave me a hug.

"You had me so worried! I thought something awful happened to you!" My mother pulled away to look at me, just to hug me again.

"I'm fine mom, really." I pulled away and gave her a sad smile.

"Oh, look at your clothes! They're all wet. And your eyes are completely swollen and red. How long have you been crying for?" My mother rambled on. She felt my forehead and cheeks and sighed.

"You're running a fever. Go change out of those clothes. I'll bring you a cold towel." My mother said as she made her way to the kitchen.

I went upstairs to change into some pajamas and laid down in my bed. My mother shortly came in after to put the towel over my forehead. I closed my eyes.

"I'll see you again someday, Jimin."

Authors Note
Thank you so much for reading! I'm still in shock that people actually read my story and actually enjoyed it. If you guys want me to make an epilogue let me know. I purple you all 💜💕