Chapter 39

Chapter 39:

-          Liam’s POV –

Day 50:

“Well... there is something that you owe me...” Niall smirked.

“And what is that..?” I mused; flashing him a smile. He chuckled.

“A ki-“

Niall’s sentence was interrupted by something suddenly crashing into me from behind; knocking both Niall and I to the ground. I felt a heavy weight on my chest and opened my eyes to see Harry staring down at me. Less than a second later he was hauled off of me by Louis. Louis looked more than pissed and shot me an apologetic look.

...

Damn it.

“Oh my god I’m so sorry you guys! I tripped and... well, you know the rest...” Harry mumbled; scratching the back of his head and looking embarrassed. Louis grabbed him by the shirt and hissed something into his ear. Harry’s eyes went wide and he took a staggered step back. He turned to Louis and whispered something back in response. I stopped paying attention to the two of them and zoned out. Niall’s last words were ringing through my head; drowning out everything else.

“A kiss.”

I had no doubt in my mind that that was what he’d been in the middle of demanding. I shot my glance over to him only to see that he was already on his feet. He smiled down at me and held a hand out to me to offer to help me up. I took it and stood up; not breaking my eyes away from his. He let go of my hand and started walking back towards our table.

“W-Wait...” I stammered.

Why is he leaving?

Niall glanced over his shoulder and winked back at me before heading back towards the table again. I had no choice but to follow him. I wasn’t letting him out of my sight again. We sat down and said hello to the others and were shortly joined by Harry and Louis. Everyone started chatting happily away and I zoned out once again.

What is going on..? I don’t even understand what happened between Niall and I just now... He was definitely about to ask for a kiss, wasn’t he..?

I shot a sideways glance at him only to see that he was laughing happily at something one of the others had said. I clenched my fist under the table.

He’s acting like nothing happened... Did I read him wrong? Maybe he doesn’t feel the same way after al-

Suddenly I felt a hand cover my fist and squeeze it tight beneath the table. I glanced down and followed the hand up to find that it was Niall’s. He was still talking to the others; not breaking his attention away from their conversation. I stared back at him with a mixture of confusion and shock plastered across my face. He shot a very quick sideways glance at me and I felt his fingers slowly nudge my hand open and intertwine themselves with mine. When it actually sunk in I smiled like an idiot and gave his hand a squeeze. He tensed and turned to face me, and when our eyes finally met again and he saw me smiling, he turned bright red. He shifted his attention back to the others and squeezed my hand back.