Chapter 8

2 months later (prom night).

Its prom already and I'm feeling strange, like I don't wanna leave. I grew up here, and used to this little Broadway town. A month ago, I applied for Damson college and got an immediate acceptance, and due to my grades, I was given a 50% scholarship. I haven't told my mom yet since I didn't get the chance after the incident,  but I'm planning on telling her tonight

"Anna darling, your dress has been delivered". My mom called from downstairs. I ordered a blue overlay one shoulder bodycon dress. I ran downstairs as the I was 30 minutes late already.

"The delivery took forever ". I groaned as I grabbed the dress and running back to my room.

"Or you ordered it late". My mom replied.

I rushed putting on, praying that it won't get rumpled. I looked into the mirror and gasped, it fitted like it was made for me and I loved how I looked in it.

I applied light makeup, put on white heels, since my car is white and went downstairs still running, since i was already late

I applied light makeup, put on white heels, since my car is white and went downstairs still running, since i was already late. I have a knack for going to parties late 'unintentionally'. I particularly hate the attention but can't help it, since I'm always 'last minute'.

"Where's your date?". My mom asked, knowing fully well I don't have one.

Umm...". I was bout to say something when I heard a car horn.
"M-my date is here". I said, grabbing my keys and rushing out, knowing that I definitely do not know who's outside but I'll take my chances. My mom is always bugging me bout guys.

I walked out nervously, playing with my fingers and head down. Once I got to where I heard the horn which is outside the min gate, I saw 'him'.

"W-why are you here". I asked, clearly surprised to see him of all people or much less anyone.

"I'm here to pick you up of course". He smirked, and tapped on his range rover 2017,as if to make me notice it which I have the second I got out of the house... It was so black and screamed expensive.

"I'm not getting in. You're not my date". I said calmly so my mom won't hear us. I know its impossible for her to hear us but I can't risk it. One can't be too careful.

"I asked the driver to level and drove here myself to pick you, you should be honored cos I don't do this on a daily basis". He said and I rolled my eyes, I was about to say something when we heard another horn of a car, we both turned to the direction of the car light and it was a limousine (white) 'perfect'

"Shall we?". Alexis asked as he stepped out of the car, walking towards I and Jayden.

"You know only one teacher is allowed to prom, are you?". I asked, smiling wide.

"You bet I am, the students are to vote for a teacher and I was voted, you know the students love me". He winked and I laughed, taking his hand but was stopped by Jayden grabbing my other hand and looking at me with a pained expression.

"You're going with him?". He asked with an expression I can't quite put my finger on.

"Obviously, I am... See yah later Jayden". I smiled and got into Alexis' car as he held the door for me.

                         * * * * *

We got to the venue since it was not held in school but in a rented hall. I was sitting on one of the tables while others were dancing, when I felt eyes on me. I turned and looked around but found no one looking at me so I shrugged.

"Dance with me?". Alexis asked, and I looked around.

"You know it's not appropriate". I said, still looking around.

"You're no more my student and I'm no longer your teacher". He said and I agreed and followed him to the dance floor. He guided my left hand to his right shoulder and put his hand on my waist and we started swaying to the music when I switched partners and was with Elias, a very cute guy in my class. When we switched again, I was with Jayden, we danced and moved with the music, as he was looking straight into my eyes and in that moment, he looked vulnerable but he put his hands on my face and looked into my eyes like he could see my soul and I kinda liked it, the way he looked at me.

* * * * *

After the dance, I and Alexis went to our table and ate, laughed about different things, and just chatted. I was still feeling uneasy, still feeling like someone was watching me. Then, there was a gunshot, people were screaming and running and I was confused what is happening.

"Adriana!". I heard Jayden calling but I couldn't see him, much less anyone cos of the commotion.

"Let's go now!". Alexis stated as he held my hand.

We ran outside and I saw my mom pacing in front of the gate with a bag that belongs to me.

"Mom, what is going on?". I asked as we heard another gunshot from a distance

"Shit! They followed us". Alexis said. "Get on the car, the driver is there, ready to take you to the airport.

"Why? What's happening? Someone should say  something!". I yelled as I heard another gunshot that broke the glass of the car but I found something else 'the tattoo'.

Hi guys 👋, here's another chapter. I hope you like it.
*is it Adriana being targeted or is it just a coincidence? 🤔

* Any future predictions?... drop your comments below.

I'm currently writing another book " Sweetly Possessive", I'd really appreciate it, if you guys read it... To romance lovers; that's definitely the book for you.