Chapter 11

Waking up to an alarm is really frustrating I'm pretty sure I'm not alone in this, I mean y'all also get frustrated by it right?

"Ugh". I groan, holding my head trying to block away the crazy headache eating at me right now. Yesterday was my first time at a party that wasn't school initiated and it was pretty good except for this maddening headache.

"Oh my God, its almost 10 am". I jump out of my bed in a flash that sends a shock of pain through my head. I ignored it running my hands through my drawer and drank the spare aspirin I had left.

"Adriana, please keep it down, my head is banging. I can feel the world rolling while I'm the only one standing still". She grumbles into her pillow. I should get her an aspirin...but I'm late

Oh gosh...

Being too good will land me in trouble very soon.

And my mind was right, by the time I got to class, lecture had started about 30 minutes before. I groan as I twisted the knob of the class, ignoring the stares as I got to my seat and the extreme side, close to the window where I felt free. I've always felt like a running fugitive and since 'that night',the feeling had intensified by a hundred twisted in guilt, guilt that I had made my mother's life hell as she had to always hide me from ...the...you know, tattoo guys.

"As I've said before, we need a sponsor for our trips since were history students and well the school only really spends on the law and medicine faculty, and well, we have a sponsor who's willing to sponsor us 100%". Mr Car...cra...whatever said as everyone including clapped loudly.
"He's here to address us. Our sponsor". He said once our clapping had stopped, and the door opened, I had already turned and stared out the window since its surely gonna be a boring long ass speech.

"Good morning everyone, you might already be thinking this'll be a long boring speech". He said, and I snorted a little too loud still looking out the window and everywhere went really quiet. Even the whispering and swooning seized, so curiosity got the best of me and I turned. When I saw what I saw...

I froze... No that's an understatement, I did not just physically freeze, my heart stopped, my head and brain stopped working as we stared at each other.

"Well, as I was saying before the interruption". He continued as the clearing if his throat brought me back to reality. "I'm sponsoring any of your trips full time, including accommodation and before you ask why, it's because I run an architectural company and will like to use architecture to preserve history. There are many structures of buildings that have been lost through time. My main point is that I'm sponsoring you all so history can be preserved and can be looked back on as a guide". He said brilliantly as everyone clapped insanely, I wanted to but couldn't cos I was focused on assessing him, he wore a dark blue suit the suited him perfectly, had his hair jelled back in a formal and yet charming style. I was watching him until all the sounds stopped and he was walking towards the door while I was having an internal battle.

Call out to him.

No, you're supposed to be dead to him, remember?

What if he missed you?

What if he did not?

I really wanna stop him but if I do, what will I say?...hell, why do j even want to stop him?

I sighed as I continued through the class, immediately the class ended, everyone was already bolting out as if their feet's caught fire. I slowly and steadily packed my things in my bag ready to walk out when I caught a figure leaning by the door.

Oh God no...

Jayden Williams.

He's here like standing in front of me...I panicked.

What should I tell him?

Should I lie? ... Or tell the truth?...

Well, I guess I'll just go with the flow.

"Hi". I said, more like muttered with a shaky voice.

"Hi?, that's all I get? Hi?". He tilted his head glaring at me.

"What do you want me to tell you?, why are you so mad I said hi?". I questioned as he laughed but without humor. I was utterly confused.

"You think I'm mad because you said hi?. I'm mad at you cos you were alive and well all this time while I've been searching for you like a mad man. Why did you do that to me?! Why?!. You didn't even say where you going, you just left after all that gunshot, did you even care if I died?!". He yelled and I flinched cos his voice was hard and vibrating through me.I didn't know what to go so I snapped.

"Were we friends? Why is it a big deal that I moved away, its my life and my choice... Was I supposed to walk up to stuck up you and say 'oh prince Jayden, I'm moving out, care to come with me?' You don't even care, so why the fuss?". I asked, totally infuriated, looking at him through red eyes but his had softened.

"I care, if I didn't I wouldn't look for you or try to find you myself, if I didn't I wouldn't starve myself for two whole weeks after you went missing. We were always arguing but when you left, I couldn't handle it". He said calmly, like he had lost all the strength he had. I was still confused.

"I don't understand you". I say tilted my head, my voice coming out after than earlier.

"What I simply meant is that I missed you...a ... Whole...lot. It's been two tears, two fucking years. I thought I moved on well but seeing you right now, makes it all clear". He said coming closer.

"Makes what clear?". I asked, completely and utterly confused. Then he leaned closer, his mouth close to my ear and whispered

"you'll know in due time".

~=•=•=~

Didn't expect that, did ya?

Well, to clear some upcoming misunderstanding, Adriana is almost twenty now as she was almost eighteen when the incident happened. While Jayden is 23, for some reasons I can't disclose much on Jayden right now, so it won't be a spoiler.

See you soon guys...enjoy

*hugs*