chapter 12

^ AXEL ^

I wake up groaning, who the hell made an alarm clock?... Ugh!
It wasn't easy sleeping as I had Jayden on my mind, I kept thinking of how I'll be moving again if my mom found out. I can't move again from all these I managed to gather for the short while I've been here, my friends, my crazy but fun roommate

My job

I definitely can't leave this city again, I can't change school again, so I've decided, I WILL NOT TELL MY MOM, just this once

A pillow thrown at my head, brings me back to reality, aw, please I just wanna sleep a little more...I really slept late.

"Wake up sleepyhead". Cassidy, my room and course mate calls grabbing my blanket.

"Just five more minutes okay?". I grumble into my pillow fully aware that she won't budge, she's always waking me up I really apprentice but it can be really annoying to a sleep lover like me.

"Get up, lazy ass". She yanks the pillow from my head this time oh, that's it. I got up all of a sudden and gave her a death glare which she reads well and dashed for the door locking it from outside.

"I'm gonna get you for that!". I yell out.

"Yeah yeah, just shower and get dressed already, you can kill me after class!". She yells back. I swear I'm gonna kill her one day (joking though).

=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=

"Come out already Adrian!". She calls unlocking the door, falling for my plans *evil laugh* . As soon as she opens the door, I tickle her almost to death, after a few minutes, of her trashing against the bed, I let go.

We rush outside noticing the time, its just three(3) minutes before class starts, we were almost at our faculty when I saw him leaning on this black beautiful baby that screamed 'I'm expensive'  (his car)

Oh my God Jayden.

"Cassie, can you cover me a little, I'm avoiding someone, please?". I look at her desperately and she agreed.

I tried walking normally with me at Cassie's side and she blocking me from anyone outside.

Keyword;  tried.

He immediately saw me and stood straight, starting to walk towards me.

Oh gosh, why is he coming over here?

Maybe he is not coming to me...yeah, that's right

But my hope was short lived as he called.

"Adriana!". He called and I started walking faster giving myself a little bit of hope I'm not the only one with that name here.

"Adriana, you know its you I'm calling out to, stop running you can't escape from me". He says, and his voice is closer than I thought he'd be making me jump a little.

"Why were you waiting for me? Its not like we're related or close, so can you leave me alone?". I said, more like whispered as he's already attracting attention from mostly girls and I don't want to be the topic of the week

Headlines: Adriana, second year history student causes a scene with a hot billionaire ugh I could die if this happened.

"If you're that embarrassed to be seen with me here, then let's leave to somewhere quiet". He whispered also, since some people cannot just mind their business.

An awkward cough made me realise, Cassie was still with me and I was getting her late too.

"Um...Jayden, we're late for class so please excuse us". He looked kinda defeated like he would back out until my betrayer of a roommate just had to say something.

"Oh, um it's fine, I can just go. You guys go ahead". She smiles sheepishly,winking at me and wow I feel like pulling all my hair out. I really don't wanna hang out with Jayden, he's confusing and I'm not supposed to even communicate with anyone from the previous places I've resided, they're supposed to think I'm dead or forget I exist.

"Hello! Adriana, come back to earth". Jayden calls, snapping  his fingers in my face and I resisted the urge not to bite em. "Well, can we leave now?". I just nod a yes.

We left in his beautiful car that smelt just like him, his smell is not so bad, it's calming even. So bad the owner is the opposite.
By the time the car stopped, we were at a lovely restaurant that oozed expensive, I looked at my outfit and back at the building, when Jayden chuckled making me look at him.

"What's so funny?". I asked, trying to be bitchy but nah it didn't even bother him.

"You're perfect dressed this way, its not that fancy, it's just a restaurant and bookshop in one". He smiles, chuckling a little more. "Come on, let's go inside". He says, ushering me in like the gentleman he's not.

We walked in and my eyes were on the floor, not because I'm shy but because I'm presently sulking being with this guy called Jayden. We sat down at the far end where u could inhale the welcoming scent of books, I was so focused in the smell that I didn't realise that the waiter had come for our orders.

"Axel?". I asked, recognising the waiter.

"Anna, hey! I didn't even know it was you". He says looking as surprised as he sounds, making me laugh.

"You should see your face right now, you look like you've seen a ghost". I say laughing out louder than I expected as he looked down embarrassed.

"So what are you having? Or should I get you your favourite?". He winks, making me smile.

"Yeah, that'll do". I wink back, smiling. I'm happy now, Axel always knows how to lift up my mood, at least this outing and skipping class is not in vain.

As soon as he left, I caught Jayden looking at me in a creepy way, his eyes squinting, almost closing.

"What is it now?". I asked, making him sigh a little.

"Who's he?". He mutters, looking straight into my eyes, and I know exactly who he's asking about.

"A friend, why?". I ask, tilting my head a little, curious as to why he's asking.

"Nothing, you just seem really happy seeing him than you've ever been seeing me". He speaks really low, just a little above a whisper.

"Well, I like him more". I answered in a matter of fact tone, when I detected his expression show confusion, anger? Hurt?. Ugh, I don't care anymore.
Soon enough Axel brought our orders,and I  gladly took mine ignoring the glares Jayden was shooting at Axel.

Poor Axel.

~=•=~

I'm gonna be introducing a few more characters.

How do you like Axel? I do a lot, he'll make the book spicy.