chapter 17

Jayden's P.O.V

Sitting here with Adrianna is something I never thought would happen as she's so closed off most if the time but I'm not complaining, in fact I'm happy as f**k.

"So, what do you think they want from you Adrianna?". I asked her but she just looks confused.

"I don't know, I don't own anything valuable enough for a gang to wanna kill me, scratch that, I don't own any valuable stuff". She said looking down at her nails.

"It's fine. What about your dad?". I ask, but her flinching tells me that it's a touchy topic.
"I'm sorry, I never should've asked that". I said, thinking of what to use to change the topic.

"It's fine, I guess we're gonna have to talk about him if we are going to get anywhere". She muttered, looking all sullen making me feel bad.
"When I was little, I woke up from the loud screaming and crying of my mom. I had been hearing their arguments, late in the night when they both think I'm asleep. He'd say something about him wanting to protect us but I still couldn't understand. Then, one night, my mom's scream and cries woke me up, she kept saying, 'he left me' chanting it like a mantra and truly since that night, I haven't set my eyes on my father till today". She said, shaking a little but she didn't let the tears pooling in her eyes fall.

"I think there's a good reason why he left, I'm not trying to scare you but he could be dead too". I said when I noted something in all what she told me.

"Adrianna, you said you just woke up and he was gone?. No struggles, no broken stuff in the house?". I asked, hating to grill her like this but I have to.

"Well, apart from the ones my mom broke, no struggles. It felt like he wasn't made to leave. He just did". She said, already looking angry typical Adrianna

"So um, can you draw the tattoo you saw on those men?. I'll have my men look into it". I said, holding her hand that were in a solid fist.

"I can but can I do that later? My hands are kinda shaking right now". She said, looking at her fingers and playing with em.

In this moment, she doesn't look as intimidating as she usually does, making me feel some kinda way, I always thought that a day I'll see her like this, it'll feel good to not be on the receiving end of her coldness but it doesn't. I love her for her.

After a while of contemplating on whether to tell her the idea in my head or not.

"Adrianna, do you want to come to my home with me". I asked, sure that that the uncertainty is clear in my eyes as I couldn't mask my feelings anymore with her.

"Very funny, I already slept in your house". She said smiling a little and as much as I want to bask in the joy of making her smile, I have to explain what I mean.

"I meant my hometown, the palace. You'll be safe there". I reasoned, giving her this hopeful look that I'm sure she'd fall for.

"You y-you're not letting this go, a-are you". She said laughing really hard, throwing her head back every few seconds and I had no choice but to laugh too. It was contagious.

"I'm serious though. Give me a chance to prove that I'm not lying. I really am a prince and you'll be safe there. You have nothing to loose". I said, still reasoning, I really want to show her to my mom.

"I actually have a lot of to loose but I'll come with you since I wanna know for sure whether you're a prince or not and if you aren't, you're dead". She said, giving me that smirk that says imma kill you for real. Before her eyes turned glassy again.

"What is it Adrianna?". I asked, walking towards her but she just shakes her head.

"I'm fine". She muttered fighting her tears making her body vibrate.

"You can cry, don't hold them back because I'm here". I said urgently as it looked like she'd explode any minute.

"I said I'm fine Jayden!". She yelled startling both I and her.
"I'm sorry, I'll be in my room". She sighed and went up the stairs with me watching her all the way.

I know she thought about her mom, but I'll make sure I find out what this is about and get to the bottom of it.

Just as I was about to call my investigator, my mom called.

"Hi, mother". I greeted but she replied with a tutting sound

"Don't hi mother me, are you okay?". She asked knowing immediately that something was up.

"It's Adrianna, her mom was kidnapped and she's not okay at all but says she's fine. I don't want her to hurt herself but I can't help much either". I feel so helpless right now.

"Son, being there for her is all she needs right now, I'm sure she appreciates it. I want to video call you now to see how you're looking, can I?". She asked, not like she won't still if I say no.

So I video called instead as my answer.
"You've seen me now mother, I want to check on her now. I'll talk to you later". I said about to cut the call when she stopped me.

"Wait, what's that on the table?". She asked referring to the tattoo Adrianna drew.

"This?". I asked as I raised it closer to the screen.

"Yes, are you involved with them. Oh what have you gotten yourself into. Come home this instant". She said with tears in her eyes, her eyes also held something else fear.

"I was coming home soon anyway, I'll explain when I'm back and mom, I'm bringing her with me". I smiled as he smiled. She adores Adrianna already.

I adore her more though.

~=•=~
Hiiii, I hope you like this chapter.

If you do, leave and comment and vote 💞.