chapter 10

Nobody chose what POV I should write in, so I'm choosing it myself...enjoyyyy.
=•==•=•=••=•=•=•==••==•=•==••=•==•=•=•

Adriana's P.O.V

I run as fast as my legs could carry me, I can't believe I just saw Jayden when I'm supposed forget everything and have them forget me by not showing up ever again.

He saw me , oh my God... But why did he cry? Was he crying for me? Why?.

I shake my head, mentally slapping myself . 'lol,you're so stupid. Why would he cry for you, he hates you,remember?'. I thought to myself and yes this made sense.

As I walk back to the hotel where I and my mom have been staying since 'the night', I started remembering what happened.

Flashback to 'the night'.

"Mom,what is going on?!". I scream as she and Alexis are trying to get me out of the scene.

" We can never come back here". She says, and I can see her jaw stiffen like she just clenched her teeth.

"Why? Why?... Mom, Alexis, talk to me. I need to know why I'm going where I'm going and what I'm running from please". I ask desperately, almost crying. Something I haven't done in about 5 years since the 'incident'.

"We are running away from the people that are trying to hurt you". My mom says. Clearly they wanna hurt me and she knows that's not the answer to my question but she's still not telling me and I swear I'll jump out of this car in frustration. I'm not a child!!!.

"I know they wanna hurt me but you know what I'm talking about...please someone should talk to me!!!". O scream as I feel my frustration grow to its peak until I'm gasping for air.

" Stop the car now!". My mom yells to Alexis who immediately stops the car in the middle of the road, thankfully its dark and empty.

"M-mmom, I-i i" . I pant ,still gasping.
"Shh,its okay, breathe, you'll be fine". My mom says, her breath shaky like she's going to cry, she rubs my back in a circular motion and it relieves me and after a few minutes, I start breathing normally again.

Immediately I'm okay, I turn to see Alexis breathing hard. I was about to run to him but he just gets back into the car, along with my mom but I stood still determined to get my answers before leaving this town.

"Anna,get in". My mom snaps but nah ,that ain't working on me this time.

"I will not get in until I get answers". I state, crossing my hands over my chest where I can feel my heart beating faster than ever before.
I'm scared shirtless right now but I need answers.

"Okay fine. Your dad did not just disappear, he was killed by the guys who have black tattoos on their bodies. After they got your father, they came for you and that's why we've been moving from one place to another. Please let's go, I'm just trying to keep you safe". She smiles(a sad one though), with eyes glassy from tears threatening to spill. The tattoos ,I really wanna tell her I've seen them but now's not the time.

I slowly walk into the car,slamming the door shut. When I muttered under my breath. "What about my friends? Everyone I know".

"You'll have to forget them and with time, they'll forget you too,believe me". She holds my hands looking up at me as gives up fighting yeah tears are hard to fight . She starts shaking beside me , I wanna hold her and tell her its okay but I can't cos 'this is my fault'.
Flashback ends.

I groaned loudly as I get into the elevator of the hotel.

"Frustrated? Trust me, I've been there". Someone says behind me and I swear its only God keeping in my skin cos I mentally jumped out of it in shock. "Relax Adriana, you're too jumpy these days". Alexis said flicking my nose oh yeah, I forgot to tell you that Alexis has been staying in the same hotel with us since that day.
Tip: I'm finding him kinda cute. God help me. This is not the time to be finding any guy cute, right?

"What do you expect, the few weeks haven't been my best. I should even be jumpier, if that exists.

He laughed and the elevator dings open.

~=•~•=•~

Sorry for this short and boring chapter,it gets better believe me.

And no,Adriana is not asthmatic, she just looses air when she's frustrated. I'm like that too.

Putting some of my behaviors in my characters; perks of being a writer *evil laugh* see y'all soon.