chapter 9

Hi guys, the little note at the end of this chapter is important as it will enable me to continue. Please read it...thanks for your support.
=•=•=•=•=•==•=•=•==•==•=•==•==•=•==•=•

Jayden's P.O.V

The gunshots stop as I try to compose myself. I and Chris have been under the bar since a bullet was aimed at me while trying to look for Adriana. I really hope she's safe .I mean ,I don't like her,I just don't want her dead .

"Chris! Have you found her?". I ask him, my voice growing a bit loud.

" No. We should go. Everyone will be worried sick about you". He paces and I become angry he really just wants me to leave? When she could be in trouble. The thought of her in danger automatically brought sweat to my palms. "You care for her,don't you?" He sighs,tapping my shoulder.

Do I?... No,I don't ,I'm obviously just worried about her.

"I don't , I'm just worried". I mumble and start walking out of the hall.

•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•

Two days passed by and I couldn't sleep at all, I was so worried about her. I guess I might like her cos I've never been worried for anyone like this.
I don't know but I'm not in the mood for anything. Layla called but I  couldn't even think of pleasure right now.
I need to know she's safe.

I pick up my phone deciding that I won't just sit here wondering , I'll do something about it. I make a quick call
" I need you to look for a girl, Adriana Stanfield. She's kinda missing". I said to the agent, as I have been to her house yesterday and found no one. I cut the call before he could even answer.

I'm sorta panicked right now.

"Jayden, dinner's ready. Please come downstairs to eat". My mom calls form behind the door, as I have yelled at or threatened any maid who came to call me.

"I'm not hungry mom. I'm fine". I say quietly when I began to hear soft sobs. I groan because that's my soft spot her tears. I open the door and enveloped her in a warm hug.

"Mom,I'm fine". I sigh after releasing her from the hug.

"We both know you're not. You love food but you haven't eaten for two days . Tell me what's bothering you,I'll help". She smiles caressing my face and my vision turns blurry.

"I met a girl at school , we always argue and never agree but I likes her. I didn't realise till the day of the gunshot and now she's nowhere to be found. I've looked everywhere mom". I look at her when I felt water sliding down my face and I realise I just cried what!!!. Immediately, I cleaned the stray tear and straightened up.

"Its okay to cry in front of me. You're still my baby you know". She kisses me on my forehead and pats my back as I lean forward, hugging her.

"So um... This Adriana must be special for you to be crying over her. You're weak for her. I've heard your stories and I know you're not one to be committed". I smile clearly knowing my dad will not be happy with me being this week over a girl.

"It's not like she even knows or likes me. I mean ,I was horrible to her". I mumble , trying to swallow the knot in my throat.

I absolutely can't believe I just cried and still want to scream and cry.
I really miss her even if I know I'll never admit it especially to Chris.

" You know what mom? Let's go to the the dining table. I'm hungry". I smile as we walk down the stairs.

•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•

A week passed by and still no sign of Adriana. The agent called some days back to tell me its like she vanished off this earth.

Maybe she's dead.

"I can't believe it". I mumble feeling my chest grow tight that it seems hard to breathe.

"What can't you believe?. Is it the fact that you lost her or the fact that you can't believe you love her". That sentence made me tense immediately.

"I don't love her. I know it". I really don't but I like her " I just miss her".I mumble after a while, I wasn't sure he heard me.

"You normally don't miss anyone,once they're not there you forget them but you're here missing someone you haven't seen in about two weeks,doesn't that feel you,you feel something more for her?". He sighs and I fell silent maybe because of the fact that he might be right. I mean I cried  me! I cried!!!.

"Just let it go man. Even if I felt anything for her. She's gone now, isn't she?". I sigh and walk away.

Its already a month now and I think I've gotten over her. I'm back to having one night stands with Layla being my constant sex doll.

I decided to go the mall today to get some groceries for my mom. Yeah that's right ,the only person who u don't snap at and run errands for.

I was about putting a corn beef in the trolley when I spotted someone familiar. My heart started pounding in my ears. Is that Adriana?!.

" Adriana please wait!". I yell like a crazy person as she dashed out the door. I left whatever I was buying and chased after her.

I can't lose her again. But she's dead right?

I stop in my tracks when I noticed a girl screaming and being molested by some guys by the railway station. I couldn't ignore her. So I helped .

"Thank you,she whispers as I nod ,turning back on my heels looking for her". I couldn't find her and at that moment, I broke down .

~~~~~

Hiii, I hope you like this chapter.
Some of you have asked me about the incident on chapter 2 . Don't worry when the time is right, you'll know about the incident.

I decided to let you guys decide this time. In who's POV should I write in for the next chapter...I need your reply so I can continue.

Don't forget to vote and comments. I wanna know what you think ...•=•wink•=•