[ Tying Your Hair ]

<><><><><><><><><><><><>

[ 1 9 ]

"Ow! Babe!"

"Holy sh- why the fuck is it so hard?!"

"You're the one that's making it hard!"

"Ugh. I swear I'm gonna- babe stop moving!"

"I'm not moving!"

"Then why is it- hold on, I'm going to just-"

"OW!"

"SORRY!"

It was 7:30 am at the Hatake household, and you were having a bit of a dilemma. After waking up an hour earlier than usual, and taking your sweet time through your morning routine, Kakashi decided that it would be a good idea to attempt to tie your hair.

While you initially thought that it would be a new and exciting experience, you were almost immediately proven wrong when the brush got tangled in your locks.

Now usually when this happened, which it did rather frequently due to your rather lengthy hair, this wouldn't be an issue. However, instead of using a paddle brush like a normal person, Kakashi opted for the round brush. Why? Because "it has pink flowers so I'm going to use that one." You protested but he insisted that he knew what he was doing, which was proven wrong rather quickly.

"Can I just cut it out with a kunai?!"

"Unless you want that kunai lodged in the side of your face, I suggest otherwise."

"Then how am I supposed to get it out?!"

"I don't know! Figure something out!"

Kakashi attempted, one last time, to pull out the tangled strands, but ultimately sighed and threw his hands up in the air.

"I give up. Can you tie around it or something?"

"I don't know whether to laugh or to cry right now."

"I like the first option better."

"We have to meet with Jiraiya Sensei in twenty minutes!"

"That's plenty of time. We'll figure it out by then."

"Wow, you're pretty confident for the person who got it stuck in there in the first place."

You sighed.

"If only my boyfriend listened to me and used the correct brush, I wouldn't be in this situation right now."

"BUT BABE, WHY DO YOU HAVE SO MANY GODDAMN BRUSHES?"

"I only have two!"

"Only two? You know how many I have? None."

"That explains a lot."

"HEY WHAT'S THAT SUPPOSED TO MEAN?!"

He quickly ran over to the mirror and inspected his hair, delicately brushing the front with his fingertips, before winking at his own reflection.

"AHEM!"

"O-OH sorry!"

He quickly sat back down beside you and grinned innocently.

"Look babe," He began, looking at you with a glimmer in his eyes, "I'm going to try something."

"Ok?" You said skeptically.

"I promise that after this, everything will be fixed."

"Ok, you're scaring me. What are you going to do?"

"Just... trust me."

He looked deep into your eyes and pulled his mask down, leaning closer and closer until...

<><><>

"I can't believe you did that."

"Babe I-"

"I don't even know how to feel right now."

"It's fine! It's not even that obvious!"

You began walking faster.

"H-hey wait up! I'm sorry!"

"You should be."

"But what else was I supposed to do?"

"Not that."

"Babe I'm-"

"Hey kiddos!" An enthusiastic voice exclaimed as you reached the academy.

"G-good morning Jiraiya sensei."

"Hm..." He said while looking at you, then at Kakashi, then back at you.

"Uh oh, trouble in paradise?"

You both remained silent.

"Well, that's awkward..." Jiraiya cleared his throat before continuing, "By the way, (Y/N) I love your haircut! I think it suits you very well."

"SEE? It suits you very well!"

"Shut up Kakashi!"

"NO IT LOOKS GREAT ON YOU EVEN JIRAIYA SENSEI SAID SO!"

"BUT YOU KNOW WHAT LOOKS BETTER? MY HAIR BEFORE YOU MESSED IT UP!"

"I DIDN'T MESS IT UP I MADE IT BETTER!"

"HOW?! HALF OF MY HAIR IS MISSING!"

"IT'S CUTE YOU LOOK LIKE A MUSHROOM!"

"A MUSHROOM?! EXCUSE ME I-"

"Hey guys sh-"

"MUSHROOMS ARE CUTE IT WASN'T OFFENSIVE!"

"-ould we reschedule pract-"

"SO IF I CALLED YOU A NARWHAL WOULD IT BE OFFENSIVE?!"

"EXCUSE ME NARWHALS ARE FAT AND-"

"-nevermind..." Jiraiya chuckled nervously and began subtly walking away.

Man. Kids these days.

[ W C : 5 9 3 ]