Ass Kisser

'I'm having a few friends over for game night- I'd love for you to come, Parker. MJ.'

Peter wasn't sure why he felt so weird. Maybe it was the fact that he was pretty sure MJ had just friend-zoned him. Or maybe it was because she hadn't showed up to school for the past few days. Or maybe it was because Peter knew he should talk to Andrew but everyday, he sat with Ned at lunch, and everyday, he chickened out.

He would take one look at Andrew, usually laughing his head off or paying no attention to the conversation at the senior table. And there was not a bone in his body that could muster up the courage to confront him. And say what he thought he wanted to say.

So he hadn't.

And now, MJ was inviting him over for 'game night' and of course he wanted to go.

'Sure, I'll be there.' He texted back.

When Peter got to MJ's house, he wasn't surprised to see Ned sitting at her dinner table.

There were so many different games on the table - Jenga, Trivial Pursuit, Twister - you name it - MJ had it.

Peter was welcomed in by MJ's Dad. He started to wonder if MJ really wanted to have people over or if this was another one of her Dad's plans to get her to socialize and 'talk' to people.

After all, he did find out a few days ago that she had been seeing a therapist - yet another thing she was lying to him about.

"You made it, Parker!" MJ said, walking up to the door.

She gave Peter a quick hug. Her curly hair had been braided into a single plait and she was wearing a white T-shirt and some burgundy dungarees.

"You look cute." Peter said.

"I know. Lol." MJ said, as Peter followed her to the table, taking a seat next to Ned.

"Hey, man." Ned said to Peter, before they performed their little handshake.

"Oh Lord, help me out tonight." MJ sighed, looking up at the ceiling.

"What?" Ned shrugged, adjusting his black baseball cap. "It's cool."

Peter didn't know why Ned wore hats inside, in fact, it kind of pissed him off. But he wasn't going to say anything - of course.

"Cool, my ass." MJ laughed, her Dad passing her a few drinks from the fridge.

"Well, I'll be upstairs if you need anything" he said, before giving MJ a kiss on the cheek. "Love, ya."

"Okay." MJ said, embarrassed. "Bye."

She watched her Dad go upstairs then placed the drinks on the table carefully, before sliding into the seat opposite Peter.

There was an empty chair next to MJ.

"Now tell me - was this your idea?" Peter asked MJ, looking down at all the games.

"No." MJ said. "But I might as well make the best of it."

She grabbed a canned pink lemonade and cracked it open.

"So...are we gonna play?" Ned asked, pushing his glasses up his nose.

Peter grabbed a pink lemonade too.

"In a second." MJ said, taking a sip. "We've gotta wait for Andrew."

Peter froze, his mouth literally gaping open.

"You alright there, Parker?" MJ smiled.

"Please tell me you have a cousin called Andrew or something." He said.