Try

Peter put a hand to his head, pulling MJ's covers over him a little bit and feeling shivery all over.

He was definitely hungover.

He could still hear the sound of MJ showering. The lights were off, so he reached over and turned on the lamp on her bedside table, squinting at the light as it lit up.

His grabbed his phone and stared down at it. There were several text messages from May - one had just been sent three minutes ago:

'Stayed over here last night. I'm in the guest room. Come see me when you wake up. X'

Here? Peter thought, confused. May stayed over here at Walter's house after her interview?

Peter put down the phone again, looking up to see MJ's white robe hanging at the side of her closet, ignoring the clean and neatly folded clothes on the bed.

He reached for it and put it on, slowly standing up to his feet, before tying it around himself.

Then he made his way towards the door, opening it, and making his way into the dark corridor. There was some light coming from the living room downstairs so Peter managed to find his way to the guest room.

He felt slightly off balance, and his vision was slightly blurry but he was relieved when he pushed the door open, and saw May sat cross- legged on the bed, in her pajamas, texting on her phone.

"Peter..." May whispered, pushing her glasses up her nose, before patting the spot on the bed next to her.

Peter rubbed his eyes then slowly made his way to the side of the bed that May was on before sitting down on it.

"How was the interview?" Peter croaked.

"Honey, you sound exhausted." May said, sitting up and pushing her hands slowly through his hair.

Peter winced a little bit. His body was aching.

"Peter, are you hungover?" May whispered. "Were you and MJ drinking?"

Peter wanted to lie to her but he couldn't bring himself to it. And he'd promised May that there would be no more lying, or secrets.

"It was kind of our last night together...in a while..." Peter mumbled.

May frowned slightly, dropping her hands to rest on his shoulders.

"Peter, you're underage. You can't be getting hungover..." May sighed.

Peter sighed too. He opened and closed his eyes again.

"And is this...MJ's robe?" May asked, looking Peter up and down.

Peter looked down at himself, like he'd almost forgotten that he'd put it on.

"Yeah..." he muttered.

"Are you naked, Peter?" May said, touching her fingers to his cheek quickly.

"May, May...." Peter said suddenly, squinting again. "Your hands are cold."

"I'll pretend you answered my question..." she said, letting go of Peter now. "I don't care, as long as you guys are being safe."

Peter bit his lip.

What do you want me to say? He thought.

"Why are you here?" He asked May, trying to change the subject.

"Because the interview was over dinner...and it finished extremely late. I met some of Walter's colleagues and they were lovely...we had a good time - I hope I get the job." May said all at once, smiling a little. "Walter bought me some pajamas...and we also had a long conversation when we got home...about MJ....and Oscar...Sara called-"