A Shitty Drawing

Peter didn't think he'd ever been in a bedroom as big as Oscar's. A chandelier hung from the centre of the ceiling, and there was a fish tank built into one of the walls. On a white shelf was his never-ending collection of designer shoes, and his large king-size bed had a control system that could incline and recline it.

On the walls, there were several framed certificates from all the awards Oscar had won, including his M.I.T acceptance letter. A plasma TV was placed on a dresser and had an Xbox connected to it.

Ned and Peter had been invited to Oscar's house that afternoon so he could help them with Chemistry.

Oscar had never gotten less than a 95 in the class throughout his high school career - apparently - and was willing to help Peter and Ned when they asked. Their finals were coming up and Peter was not about to let his GPA slip again.

It was weird seeing his place in non-party mode, Peter thought. It was relatively quiet and Oscar's dad wasn't home - just his mom and his little sister Jada, who was only twelve.

Peter soon learned that Oscar had his own private study room in his house - it was filled with a library of textbooks and had an interactive smart board. Peter and Ned were sat there at the end of a long table staring at a test paper, whilst Oscar tried to explain the answers to them.

"Umm." Oscar said, biting the end of his pen.

Peter also learned that he often did that when he was thinking.

"This looks like a disproportionation reaction...so like...you wanna see where the elements change in oxidation states."

Peter leaned in to see what Oscar was scribbling down on the paper in front of him. He didn't really have a clue what he was talking about.

"Oh, I get it." Ned said nodding. "Copper has three different oxidation states so it's definitely disproportionation."

Peter just sighed and shook his head.

"I still don't understand." he said, trying to concentrate.

"We haven't even got to the hard part yet..." Oscar said, laughing a little and pushing his long-ish hair away from his face. "Here...start with these simple exercises and then try to go from there. Ned, you can move on to the next chapter."

Peter kind of hated this.

He liked hanging out with Oscar and being in his huge house and getting to spend time with Ned, but he didn't like that Ned was always better than him at Chem, and he sucked.

He'd pretty much gotten through the whole class this semester by copying Ned's practical notes and asking other people for help.

He sighed again before pulling a textbook towards him and attempting the questions in there. Just like Oscar had suggested, it got easier as he did more practice.

Peter didn't know what brand of white T-shirt and grey sweats Oscar was wearing, but he was pretty sure that they were designer, like the rest of his clothes. He even had a Cartier bracelet on.

The door of Oscar's study suddenly opened and Jada, Oscar's sister, poked her head round. She had the same hazel eyes as him and long, tangled brown hair that fell past her shoulders. She was wearing a navy blue Ralph-Lauren sweater-dress and black Fendi slides.

"Jada." Oscar said, annoyed. "You didn't even knock."

"I don't have to knock because it's like...my house as well." Jada said matter-of-factly. "Mom told me to ask you guys if you want Henry to make your lunch yet."

It took Peter a few seconds to realize that Henry was their chef and there was a delicious smell seeping from the kitchen downstairs into the study.