Parker

Oscar had bags under his eyes and his hair was the messiest it had ever looked, but that wasn't the only thing that Peter noticed about him when he stood in his doorway.

It was probably one of the few times Peter had seen him not wearing something designer of any kind. Oscar wore some sweats and a plain black T-shirt that oddly reflected his somber mood, Peter thought.

Peter didn't know what to feel, but for a split second, it felt like the walls were closing in on him. He just couldn't believe that Oscar was standing there - for the past few days, it seemed like he had vanished from the universe and yet, there he was.

Everything that Peter had felt towards Oscar quickly came back, and he could feel his blood boiling.

No one's going to believe you.

He could still hear Oscar's voice ringing in his head that day he had gone to confront him, behind MJ's back. He could still hear the sound of glass smashing against the fridge door.

Without even thinking, he stepped out of him and MJ's room, slamming the door behind him. He didn't want Oscar to look at MJ...he didn't want him to go near her.

Oscar took a sharp intake of breath as if he was shocked by the sound of the door. Peter could now see that his eyes were slightly red and that he was paler than usual.

"What...the fuck...are you doing here?" Peter asked, folding his arms. His voice was shaking slightly and he didn't know why.

Maybe it was because every inch of him wanted to slam Oscar against the wall.

Oscar opened his mouth as if he was about to say something, but then sighed and ran his hand through his hair nervously.

"Sorry?..." Peter asked, angrily. "Are you gonna say something? Or are you actually fucking speechless for once?"

The more Peter thought about what MJ had told him that night, the more infuriated he became. He couldn't get the same images out of his head. Oscar grabbing her. Oscar dragging her into that room. Oscar covering her mouth as she screamed.

"I..." Oscar stammered, looking up at Peter. "I need to talk...to MJ..."

His voice was hoarse, Peter thought, and it sounded like he was struggling to say every word that came out of his mouth.

"That is never going to happen..." Peter said, behind gritted teeth. "Do you think she even wants to talk to you?"

Oscar shook his head, tears stinging at the back of his eyes.

"I just need..." Oscar began again, quietly. "I just need to say a few things...to try and explain myself...because I feel like shit...and I wanna...apologize...."

Peter put a hand to his head. He couldn't believe what he was hearing. He didn't want Oscar to apologize, because he didn't think he could ever forgive him.

"You need to leave..." Peter said. "Now."

"I-"

"You need to leave right now." Peter said again, raising his voice.

"Okay..." Oscar nodded, barely getting his words out. "I'm sorry I came...I'll just go..."

Oscar turned to go, and Peter nearly breathed a sigh of relief, but then the door behind him clicked open and MJ poked her head out of it.

Her hair was still slightly wet from being in the hot tub, and she was wearing a matching set of red pajamas that had a checkered pattern on them. Peter couldn't even focus on that because he immediately realized how oddly calm she looked for having seen Oscar.