Prologue

That night, the clouds were knitted together in a black mass. Shouts of delight were heard from the Moors and the Hell. For Hell, delight that one was soon to have the full power of evil, the prowess of Hell. For Moors, the delight that two of the greatest ever faeries had a wonderful faerie child, one that would soon come to find the hatred of the humans to them despicable, and seek revenge. Vengeance is sweet, no matter whether good or evil, hence Moors and Hell both rejoiced.

If you're a faerie, years do fly past till you reach the prime age where you stop growing older in physical. That was Maleficent, and she stopped at the body of a 16 year old. Without her parents who had died in a war with the humans, Maleficent raised herself up, often wondering who she might meet. That year that Stefan, her childhood friend, betrayed her, that year he killed the king and married the princess Leila through a fake decree. That year Stefan and Leila had Aurora, that year Maleficent cursed Aurora and locked herself from the outside world.

Some say, Maleficent slowly grew fond of the girl, some say, Aurora carries Maleficent's blood and magic, some say, Maleficent tried to find Aurora’s identity to protect her but to no avail. But, I say, Maleficent only paid back the humans what they did to her, Stefan and Leila died because of a faerie cursing their child, just like how Maleficent's parents died protecting her and the Moors.

As I said, vengeance is sweet, but it's always not for long, because Maleficent, after bestowing the curse, had almost nowhere left to go. She headed for a nearby castle, the Forbidden Fortress, where some of Hades’ goons had been sent there. Sensing Maleficent’s magic, they thought her a highly magical Hell prowess, hence they served as her boar-like servants, but they reported to Hades too, hoping for some form of redemption in his eyes.

Hades didn't think much about the reports, dismissing them lightly and not taking them to heart, but after his own evil plan was thwarted, he started taking them to mind. But before that, all the years that Maleficent was alone, she read and read, cursed and hexed, brewed potions and whipped up spells. But when Aurora had Maleficent's curse broken, much different from what she had planned, Maleficent could only assume the form of a human to hide away from what we now know as the citizens of Auradon.