Chapter 18

Upon hearing the voice, Maleficent stopped her struggling. Her eyes were going glassy from all the burns' pain but she had to stay strong. Pushing herself up from the floor, Maleficent screamed even louder as the iron net pressed down harder on her, the weight ensnaring her beneath it. Her eyes glowed faintly as she focused on Mal, who was still frozen at the door frame. Maleficent quickly flicked her gaze to a nearby cupboard and Mal, understanding Maleficent's intentions, shook her head.

"Mum! I won't abandon you! Let me help! Please." Mal whispered, but Maleficent was far too delirious to even listen to Mal. Her eyes rolling backwards into her skull, Maleficent blacked out. "Mum!" Mal gasped, and now that Maleficent was no longer screaming, she could hear obvious footsteps shuffling nearer.

Squeezing herself behind the cupboard, Mal peeped through a small hole that was drilled through the cupboard. "Ooh, who is this? I wonder if she can please Hades!" The voice spoke again, rhyming the ends so badly in an eerily sweet voice that Mal felt like gagging.

The voice had suddenly disappeared, to Mal's delight, but it was soon replaced by terror when the iron net floated off Maleficent and Maleficent flew up into the air, something invisible supporting her.

Maleficent's limp figure floated into the living room and up the stairs, leaving Mal still hidden behind the cupboard. Creeping out from behind, Mal had a weird feeling in her gut that she was being watched, yet there was no one around!

Ignoring that feeling of pinpricks at her back, Mal flew up the stairs just in time to see Maleficent about to float into a room. "Mother!" Mal squeaked as she noticed Maleficent's eyelids flicker a little, then open wide. As soon as Maleficent entered the room, Mal came out from hiding and rushed behind Maleficent and entered into the room, hiding once more behind a very tall sculpture of a weird looking man with blue flames for hair.

"What did you bring me once more, Pain and Panic? It's useless to even try, though I must say that I'm impressed you two can still turn invisible as and when you fancy." The exact same weird looking man came out, exasperatedly blowing out a flame lit on his pointer's fingertip, back facing Mal and the minions.

"Your majesty," What was once invisible became visible, and Mal now saw two minions appear, one short and chubby and the other one slim and tall both grabbing Maleficent tightly at the wrists as she stood, "Someone intruded into this old cottage of Princess Aurora that we claimed as ours just yesterday. It was made known that whoever were to trespass, they shall not leave."

"Very well, then present the offender." The weird man turned around just as Mal inched out a little from the statue. The look on the man's and Maleficent's face were a mixture of happiness, surprise, shock, the look of pain from separation and much more all blended in as one.

"Hades...? Are you Hades?" Maleficent's legs gave out at the same time she whispered out the words, and in a blink of an eye that man, Hades, was there, grabbing Maleficent at her waist, supporting her up.

"Maleficent. You've found out at last. I told you not to find me! And you must be with someone else already." Hades spoke sadly, shooting a glance at Mal. "Hades......you really thought so? All these years, we could've been together! Why? Why leave me all alone?" Maleficent bore her eyes into his soul, her eyes fixed upon his. "You already have someone, don't you?" Hades repeated, and his eyes were full of sorrow and misery. "Mal," Maleficent
turned to Mal so suddenly that Mal jumped up in fright before settling down once more, "Say hi to your father, will you?"

"He's my dad?!" "She's my daughter?!" Mal and Hades both yelled at Maleficent's words respectively. "So......you aren't with anyone? Am I right, Maleficent?" Hades asked eagerly but Maleficent held up a finger, "When we were together I'm pretty sure we both didn't reveal our true identities. So how did you know......that it was me?"

"I......actually already knew who you were, since I'm the ruler of the underworld and because you also have hell magic, that's how I found you and......yeah, that's about it." Hades gave a sheepish grin, and Maleficent evilly smiled at him, "Yes, after that I met you, then I punched you, then I scaled the water tower then I got hurt, then you brought me home for me to heal, then the rest I think we both know well enough what happened. And nothing else matters anymore because we're together again."

"Uhm, I'm still here, hello? And so are the two minions." Mal stopped their conversation, waving her hand between them and Maleficent tore away blushing whilst Hades broke away with an embarrassed smile, dismissing the two minions immediately with a glance. Then, he suddenly grabbed Maleficent by her hand and twirled her inwards towards him and with a swish of both their robes, she fell into his tight embrace. Then, as she turned to face him, he bent down and crashed his lips on hers and she kissed him back, her arms loosely hanging around his neck, living in the moments of both the past and the present.
~The End~