Chapter 17

The Isle? How could it be? Thoughts ran through Maleficent's mind, image after image, scene behind scene. Then, as her mind focused back on the picture of the isle, her instincts and her magic took over the lead. She focused even harder on that image while she grabbed Mal on the forearm. Then......crack! She broke through the magical barrier that covered over the isle like a dome. As she continued to hold Mal, the barrier overhead had completely sealed up, leaving her without magic once more.

"Well, there goes my freedom." Maleficent sighed in resignation. Of all places, she just had to return here. Thanks to her destiny, once more. Urgh. She wasn't even sure if she could still track the aura anymore. "Great," Maleficent thought, cursing mentally, "Me and my recklessness." She closed her eyes once more, frowning hard to use her senses to track. "Ahh! Yes! I found it!" Maleficent gasped in disbelief of her luck.

Dragging Mal behind her, Maleficent walked listlessly without rest, even as she felt Mal's shallow breathing over her shoulder. "Mum......we've been walking over 3 kilometres already......aren't...we...there...yet?" Mal panted, her face finally having some colour to the pale complexion. "We're......here!" Maleficent announced as she stared at the peculiar house before her. She found it disturbingly familiar, but she she couldn't quite put a finger on it.

Just as she was about to knock on the door, Maleficent, remembering she was back to the isle, straightened up with an air of superior and pride. Her horns had came out already, and her hair was tucked neatly back into their leather wrappings once more. Her clothes still remained the same, though all her black leather were hidden beneath her robes. Flinging the door wide open, Maleficent barged into the house without any invitation at all, with her authority as Mistress of All Evil, Leader of The Isle.

The interior was glum and dim, and it was full of grime all over. Maleficent stepped slowly through the door, but she must have stepped on a trigger, for the next moment, a gigantic iron net covered over her back, like a blanket that brought along the utmost uncomfort one did not desire at all. Screaming as the iron burned her exposed skin, Maleficent writhed in agony, trying to free herself, but it only tightened on her even more, making her screams echo throughout the cottage.

"Well, well, well, who do we have here?"