Chapter 11

"No, Z, hang in there, please, I'll get you through this, you'll be alright, please, Z, please." Mal wept, her tears flowing freely and landing soundlessly on the soft sand below. "Silly......girl......" Z's voice rang in Mal's mind, "I......won't......make......it. Don't......waste......my......sacrifice." The sentence was barely completed as Z could no longer suppress the coughs. More blood rose from her lips as she held the coughs in.

"Go. Jump......into......the......sea." Z's voice rang in Mal's mind once more, even as Z started to hallucinate seeing nine Mals appear in front of her. Focusing her vision back onto the real Mal, Z gave a last smile as she raised her right hand to clean a tear away from Mal's cheek. A single tear rolled down Z's face as she slowly faded into darkness, the last thing she saw was Mal crying before her whole body went limp and her hand fell to her side with a thud, her chest stopped heaving.

As Mal put Z down softly, the cord that linked their minds to each other snapped, causing Mal to cry out in pain. Sorrow slowly grew into something else: Anger and the thirst for revenge. That pain mattered no more. Z was dead now. Nothing made sense nor mattered anymore. Nothing but the pure, dark and bitter hatred that was bubbling within Mal, together with the terrible hunger and longing for revenge. A chilly wind blew as Mal's green eyes glowed savagely, and as she twirled her stele in her hands, she grinned maniacally, "Evil lives. It's time for revenge......and my stele is hungry for more blood......shed from the one whom I seek revenge from!"