Chapter 12

The stasis all around Mal shattered as she straightened up right to stand. Her purple aura flowed and crackled in a lively manner, with streaks of black and red flashing, showing how dangerous her wrath was, though Mal didn't pay any ounce of attention to details around her. Her mind was full of Z's last words, and a positive hunch persistently told her that Z's last words would guide her to revenge. Backing away from H, Mal turned at the last moment and she leapt straight into the churning waters of the sea.

Her eyes flying open, Mal panicked, remembering that she could not swim at all. "I'm about to drown...no, no, please, I can't waste Z's sacrifice!" Mal struggled in the water, and accidentally taking a breath. However, she did not choke or drown on seawater, because what entered her mouth was not seawater but air. Air needed for breathing......and it came without diving equipment?! Looking down, Mal stared in shock at the pendant Z had put on for her. The pendant, it was glowing, pulsating an even darker shade of blue than before, blending in with the sea.

"Mal......Mal......" The pendant seemed to call out to her, resonating in her ears, "Mal, if you hear this, know that it was prerecorded and whatever has happened still stays the same.." "Mal, now, look at me." Now the pendant was producing a projection of Z. Hot tears rose again and leaked from the corners of Mal's eyes as that familiar figure appeared in front of her, bathing both of them in gentle white light. "You want revenge, don't you?" The projection spoke, it's wings spread out softly. "Turn. Into a dragon." The projection mentioned, and despite the meaning of doing so at that point of time was extremely dubious, Mal, full of anger, sorrow, lost and thirst for revenge, closed her eyes, drew a deep breath, and began her transformation.

As the adrenaline of her transformation rushed through Mal once more, she realised her transformation now was different from the Cottilion. Her original big purple dragon wings did not grow out and her body became slimmer and longer. By the time Mal was done, her dragon form was different now, and so was the dragon element power. Rising in a cloud of water vapour shining of her scales, Mal rose from sea as a purplish water dragon, the mythical Chinese dragon, widely revered.

Mal gave a roar just as H looked up at her, and for once, fear was widely written all over H's face. In her terror, she randomly hurled knives at Mal, but Mal was swift to duck. The knives harmlessly flew pass her and sunk into the sea, their gleaming blades stuck into the sea bed like gems stuck in mud. Seeing as how she herself no longer had defence, H turned to flee, but Mal was evidently faster, of course. She swooped down on H, talon-like claws out stretched, and she pinned H down to the beach.