Chapter 6 ~ Hybrid

.Natsu.

After a lengthy time of waiting for Lucy to regain consciousness, I finally heard her small voice echo to my ears.

"N-Natsu?" She questioned, sitting upwards. Her face full of confusion, most likely as of why I was sitting here waiting for her.

"Whats going on? And why are you sitting there?"

"Uh..Well you fainted in the bathroom and I got a Nurse to come check you out" Her faced showed that she recalled the fainting and sickness from earlier.

"Oh, so what did she have to say?" She tilted her head slightly, as she kept her attention on me.

We stared at each other until the realisation finally caught up to me, I was going to be a dad!!

I moved forward and hugged her quickly, before giving her a quick kiss.

"Your pregnant Lucy!" I said cheerfully, her face, on the other hand, was stilled, frozen as if she was processing this information.

"W-What!" She screamed, hugging the blankets tighter with a faint blush.

"You're pregnant with our child!" I indicated, picking her up and swinging her around. "Stop Natsu! I am going to puke if you continue!" She screeched.

I then softly fell on the bed, with her snuggly in my arms.

"Natsu, you do know that babies are a lot to handle, and what would your father say!? He would kill me straight away since I am an angel!" She panicked. Yes my father would likely disagree to a child, but i was happy and i wanted to have a child with Lucy, and he would have no say in the matter.

"He isn't going to touch you! And if he dares to, we shall run away." At my statement Lucy sighed, I felt her relax a bit -maybe from what I just told her- but I knew deep down she also wanted to have the child just as much as I do.

"Have you even told him?" She questioned.

"Uh..no.." I admitted. "But don't you worry, I'll get around to it"

"Natsu..."

-Time skip-

Finally, I decided to go and tell my father the news. Lucy was fast asleep on the bed as I left, probably trying to get back some energy.

As I was walking through the corridors, I notice there were no soldiers or guards in sight. It got me somewhat suspicious.

Eventually, I arrived at the throne room. And not to my surprise, all the guards and soldiers that were missing, were found surrounding a circular table. Full of maps and figures, of where they would next battle.

Upon entering, my father's gaze rose upon me. A smile etching onto his face.

"Finally!", He cheered, my father seemed happily for some reason. "Your commander of this has arrived, now come boy, we have much planning to discuss."

A confused expression made its way to my face, "What are you going on about?"

"Natsu my boy, we are planning to take over Earth, just as we did with Heaven. And you are the chosen one to guide this success." I did not like the gist of this. Yes, I was one to enjoy conflict on the feild, but as of right now I have bigger things on my mind.

"Uh, Father could I please speak with you for a moment, alone." I asked. My father had a rather quizzing look to my question, but only sighed and shooed the soldiers and guards away.

As they left my father spoke, "So, what is it my child?" He enquired, upon moving to his throne.

I had no real way of telling him about the pregnancy, but how was I really supposed to tell him anyway?