4

Juliana Thorne

"Juliana.."

I grab a pillow and press it down on my head in my sleepy state.

"Baby wake up." The voice says a little firmer this time.

The voice catches my attention. My sleepy state slowly vanishes and a wide smile forms on my lips. I sit up quick and look at the boy who sits on my bed.

"Jaxon, you came!" I grin and jump into his arms. He wraps his warm arms around me.

"Of course I did little one." He chuckles and holds me tighter.

But I frown when I realize it's dark. It's still night time, what is he doing here?

"Jaxon it's still nighttime why are you here?" My small voice asks.

He doesn't answer me and I get a little worried. I try to pull back from the hug but he snuggles me more into his chest. "Jaxon?" I whisper.

I stay in his arms because I know he needs me. I think about what's wrong with him? He has been acting strange lately..

"Promise you won't leave me." He finally speaks after a long time.

He pulls me back and grabs my chin gently to look up at him. I look at him in confusion, why would he say that?

"Because I don't think I can handle it if you do. I will become bad, real bad. I can feel myself-" he stops his sentence mid way.

"What do you mean bad?" My little brain couldn't process his words. He was confusing me.

He stares into my eyes with no emotion and it started to scare me. But then, he smiles. As if nothing happened and wraps his finger around a curly strand of my hair.

"Never mind, just forget about what I said. Because you can never leave me. Even if you wanted to. I wouldn't let you." He smiles down at me.

I frown trying to understand his words. I wouldn't leave him. He is like a big brother to me. Jaxon plays dolls with me and makes me giggle all the time.

Why would I leave him? Where would I go anyway?

"Jaxon I would never leave you. I always like to be around you, you're funny." I giggle.

"Good girl." He coos while petting my hair.

I wrap my arms around his waist and smile.

\

I open my eyes while I remember that time when Jaxon and I actually didn't hate each other. I actually considered him like my brother because he was so nice and gentle with me.

Little me was so naive. I would listen to all of his commands because he would make me feel special and the only person that would love me.

Sometimes I would even like him better then my own mom. If my mom didn't get something I wanted, Jaxon was always there to surprise me with it. He manipulated me as a little kid.

That is until he started snapping at me more often because I got older and wouldn't listen to him anymore.

He would apologize and I kept forgiving him. Later I got tired of trying to be his 'good girl' and talked to Caleb more and we became best friends. All of his actions soon made me hate him and he would taunt me and still try to control me.

Suddenly I froze when I heard the front door open then close slowly and softly. My breath hitched as I heard their slow footsteps come closer.

I wanted to get up and run but my body layed frozen. It could be mom, coming back..Or dad, maybe hes home early and thinks we're sleeping so he's being quite? My thoughts tried to calm my fast heart beating.

The footsteps became more louder as they came closer to my door. I shut my eyes and pull the blankets up to my nose.

My door opened and someone heavy jumped on top of me, I screamed.

"Shh Ana! It's just me calm down gurl!" Zoe yelled and jumped off me.

I thought I was gonna die.

What do you think of her flashback/Dream?