27

Juliana Thorne

I selfishly gasp for air and cough out dryly as Jaxon finally lets me go. I turn to my side and cough uncontrollably, almost falling off the couch. I notice Jaxon just staring down at me and it scares me.

I slowly try to get up but I jump when his hand grips my thigh. I immediately stop and I look at him fearfully. I see approval in his eyes as he notices my fear stricken face.

"I'll get you water, baby" he smiles.

I painfully gulp and he gets up and walks to the kitchen. I rub my burning eyes and wipe my tears as he comes back. I slowly reach out my hand and take the glass of water from his hand.

He nods in approval as I look up at him one more time before downing the water desperately. He kneels down next to me and grabs a curly strand from my hair. I notice him looking at it intensely as he pulls it and watches it bounce up again.

I finish the water and he grabs the glass from me and sets it aside on a little table behind him. He's sitting on the floor looking up at me as I lay in the same spot on the couch.

I don't dare look at him but I try to lean away as his hand raises up to my hair. A whimper sounds from my mouth and I look down. His hand combs through my curls as I feel his intense gaze.

My face tickles as hot tears run down my cheeks. I can feel my throat still dry and my neck is certainly bruised. I want to scream at him and tell him I'm not gonna be his wife but I don't want to be choked again and feel the painful after math or worse.

He reaches into his pocket and pulls out a small red box with a golden ribbon on it. I gasp as he gets up only to go back down to kneel on one knee. I start to shake my head as he raises the box and opens it to reveal a rose gold shiny diamond on a beautifully carved golden ring.

"Juliana, will you please do me the honor of becoming my wife, I promise to cherish you and love you with all my heart. I will do anything for you, I will buy anything for you my gorgeous baby. I will treat you like a queen, you're my prize sweetheart."

I looked at him in anger, "Are-" I started but my voice wasn't there. It was scratchy  and hoarse, it was barely there. Tears poured out uncontrollably, I couldn't even talk. I tried again, but it hurt badly.

I looked up at him desperately, maybe for some help but what can he do? He's the one who did this to me in the first place.

But, he was feeling smug. He looked at me self satisfied with himself. He took the ring out of the box and grabbed my hand.

I shook my head repeatedly but he gripped my hand tighter and forced the ring on my finger. Then, he kissed it.

And kissed me, "I love you." All I could do was cry.

He stood up to his height and bent down to wrap his arms under my body. He picked me up and walked towards the kitchen and sat me down on the counter.

"Okay my beautiful queen, what would you like to eat?" He asked as he rummaged the fridge.

I look down helplessly. "huh?" He asked again. He turned around, "Oh I forgot, you're mute."

"Baby, why are you crying?" He walks up to me and raises my head cupping my cheeks. He wipes off my tears with his thumb and kisses each tear stain. "You're just hungry right? Yeah." He smiles.

"I'll make you a Nutella and strawberry crepe okay? Does that sound good?" He asks.

It does, but I don't know if I can eat with a sore throat. I should get water. I jump off the counter but instantly, Jaxon grabs my waist and pushes me back. I look up at him but he glares at me. I cower away but he grabs my waist again and lifts me back up on the counter.

I shake my head and point to the fridge with the water button on it. He looks behind him and grabs a glass and fills it up. He hands me it and I slowly grab it from him, he smiles and kisses my nose then goes back to cooking.

~

"Baby, please eat your breakfast." He begged me.

I shook my head, it smelled delicious but it really hurts to swallow. I pointed to my throat and made a pained face so he won't get mad. He looks down to my neck and raises his hand but I flinch and raise my hands up to protect myself if needed to.

A hard look sets in his eyes and he pushes my hands down. He gently examines my neck with his fingers then stands up and bends down to wrap his arms under my legs and lifts me up.

He walks to our room and enters our bathroom then sits me on the toilet lid. He opens the mirror and grabs a cream then bends down to put it on my bruises.

It felt soothing but hurt to the touch at the same time. After he was done, he picks me up again but makes sure not to let me see myself in the mirror.

"Would you like to take a nap, sweetheart?" He asks

I nod and he lays me gently on the bed and covers me with blankets. He stays with me until I fall asleep.

~~~