Chapter 2

Chapter 2 - Meet and Greet
***Delilah's POV***
*Delilah's outfit ^^^*

I hurriedly began to get changed. I wasn't sure how I was supposed to dress. Would it be better to wear jeans and a hoodie, or is it more of a smart casual kinda event. I had no clue.

Hunting around in my wardrobe, I pull out a pair of black, ripped, skinny jeans and my Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows tee-shirt.

I slipped in to my Nike trainers and grabbed my leather jacket, just incase it was cold. But also because I look amazing in it, so why not.

I sat for a moment and decided on how to do my hair. After taking ten minutes, I finally decided to just straighten it and then put it in a high ponytail.

For my makeup, I settled on doing a natural look, including a light smokey eye finish.

"Delilah, come down. There's people here to meet you!" my mother, Ellie, called up.

Just as I was about to leave my room, I bumped in to Leon. Instinctively I lurched back, hoping to avoid whatever he would use to hit me with. But as I stood there, bracing myself for the pain, it never came. Instead, he wrapped his arms tightly around me, and cried.

"I'm so sorry. I was awful to you. I didn't know you were adopted. And now when I realise how terrible of a big brother I was, you're just going to leave and I'm going to loose you, my little sister." his tears were landing on my jacket and rolling off. He just wouldn't stop.

Tentatively I wrapped my around around him in return, hoping to stop his tears. When he finally let go, I looked him in the eyes and said" You can't loose something you never really had in the first place. You never wanted me as your sister, and now, you'll never have me. I'll only stick around for Liz and our parents sake. You and Lennox don't deserve my forgiveness nor do you deserve to call me your little sister. You didn't love me before and you still don't love me. You just feel guilty and want me to forgive you so that that feeling goes away. Well sorry not sorry. "

That said, I flipped my ponytail off my shoulder and walked down the stairs. My heart thudded louder and louder with each step I took. What if they didn't like me? What if all they saw was a disappointment? What if im not enough again? Will they just say no and leave?

Well, there's no way of knowing until I see them.

Deep breathes Lilah, Deep breathes. I thought to myself, repeating it like a mantra.

Just as I went to open the door to the living room, some else beat me to it. A tall, American woman stood before me. Her hair was long with a slight blonde tint to other wise brown hair. Her skin was practically glowing. She was beautiful. Deep brown eyes sparkled in the light streaming in from the front room windows.

"Um hi." I whispered, still in shock. She was stunning. How could I be related to her?

"Oh you must be Delilah. I'm Dallas. I was just coming to see if you were ready to go out." she said. Her voice was so soft and calming.

"Yeah I'm ready." I looked up to be met with a smile. She held her hand out to me and I cautiously placed mine in hers.

"Come on, everyone else is in the car. Don't worry, I'll introduce you. And if you want, you can sit next to me in the car?" She asked as I waved goodbye to Archie, Ellie and Elizabeth. I didn't even bother to look at Lennox or Leon.

Getting in to the car was one of the hardest things I've ever had to do. As I got in, every pair of eyes was on me. I felt so uncomfortable. So when Dallas broke the nauseating silence, I was grateful.