Chapter 7

Chapter 7 - A Fracture In A Bond

*Delilah's POV *

The moment that my brothers and I arrived home my mam and dad began bombarding me with questions.

Damn, can they not wait til morning? I was already beginning to feel my hang over coming on.

"Guys in really tired. I'm sorry that I got home so late. I was over at Holly's house and I just forgot to check the time. When I saw how late it was and looked out side, I decided it wouldn't be safe to walk back in the dark so I called the twins to see if they could give me a ride home. That's all. " I explained as I continued to make my way up the stairs, ignoring every single question that my parents sent my way.

"This conversation isn't over young lady you come down here this instant!" Arthur yelled, shaking his fist in anger.

"This conversation never started because its been one sided since I walked through that bloody door. All you have done is bombard me with stupid questions that don't even matter. How do you think we feel? How did we know you weren't dead? What if some thing happened? THEY'RE ALL STUPID! The second I came home I told you where I was, who I was with, what I did and how apologetic I was for forgetting the time! Now just leave me alone! " I yelled unable to stay calm any longer. I could feel tears brimming on my eye lid. Not from sadness but from pure anger. Why didn't they understand that I needed space right now?

As I stormed off to my room, my little sister, Elizabeth came out of hers, softly rubbing her eyes and looking confused.

"Whats going on Lilah?" She asked, reaching up for a hug. I gently lifted her in to my arms and began to carefully rock one way then the other, hoping to calm her down.

"Nothing baby, nothings going on. I just got home a bit late that's all. You'll understand when you get a little bit older." I smiled down at her. Even though it turns out she isn't my biological sister, she will always be my baby sister.

"Oh...can I sleep with you tonight? Pretty pleaseeeee?" Elizabeth stuck her lower lip out in an adorable pout. And how could I say no to that face.

Booping her on the nose I walked us over to my room. I placed her on one side of my bed before grabbing a large tee shirt and a pair of shorts and heading in to my bathroom.

I scrubbed at my face, removing all my left over makeup and quite possibly a layer of skin.

Then I slipped out of my dress and changed in to the shorts and shirt. It wasn't until I put the shirt on that I realised it wasn't mine. I didn't know where I could have gotten it from but it was too big to be mine. Too big to even be one of my big tee shirts. I span around and looked in my full length mirror.

It was a Demi Lovato Tour Tee shirt with a picture of her face and name on the front, and then all the venues and dates on the back.

Just as I was about to pull it off, I noticed a note on the floor. In elegant writing, my name stood out in bold. It must have fallen when I put the tee shirt on.

Dear Delilah,
I hope you don't mind but when we dropped you off the other night I saw that you didn't really have many pj's and so I thought I would give you one of my baggy tee shirts so that you could be comfortable wearing it. If you don't want it, I won't be offended. I'm just looking out for my baby sister.
Love, Demi xoxo

So Demi gave me a Demi tee shirt. The gesture and the note is cute. It made me feel loved. I hugged the tee shirt close to me and walked back to my room.

My bedside lamp was still on but Elizabeth was fast asleep. Poor kid must have been shattered.

I slowly crawled in to bed and pulled her close so we were cuddling and softly hummed one of her favourite songs, Nightingale. What a coincidence right?