Chapter 4

Chapter 4 - Late Nights

*Delilah's POV *

After everyone had finished their meals, we all got ready to leave.

Since our chat in the bathroom, Demi has been so much more relaxed. She isn't constantly looking over at me nor keeping an eye on how much I eat.

While it was a relief for her to stop, it was also worrying as I knew she would be on to anything I tried to pull. I guess I had to be careful. But I knew that they wouldn't stay in England for ever. Especially if half of them are famous. They all have jobs (except Maddie of course) so they would need to get back to that. I just had to pretend for a little while. I guess I would have to see how good my acting skills are.

All six of us pilled back in to the car and started to head back to my house. Soon, we all began to talk.

"I hope you enjoyed the meal Delilah darling. I did. And I enjoyed it even more what with our family being back together. Even if it was just for a meal." Madison sighed, looking straight at Dianna.

"Madison." Eddie warned, his voice deep.

"No Eddie, it's OK. We should ask now before we loose the courage." Dianna replied, resting her hand comforting ly on his upper arm. It was adorable to see just how much they loved each other.

"Delilah, sweetie, how would you like to come and stay over at ours, in America, for a couple of weeks? Just to see if you like it and us. Then we can take things from there. We all understand if it's moving a bit too quickly for you and we would understand if you said no. But the offer is there, and we want you to know that you are always welcome in our home. " I glanced around the car to be met with a mix of expressions. Dallas was smiling, Demi was stunned, Madison was wide eyed and Eddie and Dianna were grinning so hard I thought it must have hurt.

" wow. That's... That's an amazing offer. But I would like some time to think abiut it, if that's OK? And maybe we could meet up a few more times, just so I can be sure?" playing with my thumbs, I waited their response. I was worried that I said the wrong thing. What if they decided that it was too much hassle. Then what? Would they just give up on me again? Would they just leave, never to come back? And never to see me ever again?

All these thoughts were rushing through my head so fast that I hardly heard what Eddie's reply even was.

"of course you can take you're time Darling."

Sensing how uncomfortable I was, Dallas decided to change the direction of the conversation; which I was beyond grateful for.

"So we know Delilah does sports, so Maddie why don't you tell her - and me for that matter - what you've been up to lately." Demi said, a goofy little smile on her face as Maddie went red.

"oh well erm I've been going to more and more ariel classes. I learnt a few more manoeuvres that I'm trying to encorporate in to a routine. And I've also been learning a new dance with my friends Ally and AJ. We are gonna enter a competition in LA for a trio dance. The song is actually one of yours Demi, I hope you don't mind. We're doing it to Confident. " Demi laughed when Maddie told us what the song was.

I personally wasn't sure what that song was but it sounded cool.

Maddie began trying to show us her dance moves while being in the middle seat. Dallas, Demi, our parents and I all laughed and chortle as Maddie tried to dance.

Key word: try. She honestly looked like a fish out of water.

***

Dianna and Eddie dropped me off home after aimlessly driving round for an hour, just talking and getting to know each other. I hated to admit it, but I loved spending time with them. And I think I can honestly say that they liked spending time with me too.

All night I lay in bed just thinking over what had happened since I got home from school.

° I was told that I was adopted.
° Dianna and Eddie invited me to stay at their house for a while... In AMERICA.
° The twins confessed that they actually cared about me.
° I met my biological family.
° I went out with my biological family.
° I preferred my biologi-

Wait... Did I really prefer Dianna and Eddie compared to my parents after meeting them once?! Surely not. I must just be tired. And the fact that we had such a good night, that I haven't had with my family in a while, must just be confusing me. Yeah. That's all.

But deep down I knew that my feelings weren't wrong or misguided. I felt so much more love from Dianna, Eddie, Dallas, Demi and Maddie tonight then I've felt from my mam, dad, little sister and the twins in a year.

I felt so safe and happy when I was with Dallas.

Demi made me feel protected and cared for.

Maddie made me realise how much I miss being treated like a human from my family.

Eddie showed me how much he had missed me and how badly he wanted me to be a part of their family again. In fact, he made me feel like I'd never not been a part of their family. As if all these years in England meant nothing. Like nothing has changed between us.

And Dianna. Well. Where to start?

She was perfect in every sense of the word. She was so kind, gentle, caring, wise, thoughtful, conciderate, funny, and well, everything I thought the perfect mother could be.

She made me feel all warm and fuzzy, cozy and safe, loved and cared for, special and important.

She made me feel wanted.

And so all night, I lay in my bed, phone in hand, and made a list of pros and cons.

Pros:

° I would be away from the twins.
° I would have a family who really seem to give a frick.
° I would have siblings who weren't jerks.
° Girls night... Duh.
° I wouldn't be the oldest so no one would expect me to do every single thing.
° They have dogs.
° They care.

Cons:

° I would be away from my friends
° I wouldn't get to see Elizabeth
° They're all famous.
° they're all talented
° What if its all an act?
° What if I stayed over and something happened to my mam or dad?
° What if its all a lie?
° What if they don't actually care?

At this point, I stopped typing and threw my phone on the bed. It was all a bit much.

I have a family here. I tried to reason with myself.

Feeling like there was nothing more I could do tonight, I placed my phone on charge and began to drift to sleep.

I couldn't wait to talk to Oliver tomorrow.

An: hi guys thank you so much for reading and I'm terribly sorry for just how long this chapter took to upload. Thank you all so much for 97 views as well, that's crazy!

QoTD: How do you feel after Demi disabled her twitter?

AoTD: honestly I just feel so bad for her, like? She didn't do anything wrong. As an English kid, I wasn't offended by people taking the mick about how a rapper is gonna write his lyrics like? Make jokes about tea and scones and lush accents and stuff. Like? She wasn't making fun of him being deported? Like...calm down lmao. Anywayssssss