Chapter 10

Chapter 10 - Stay Til The AM

*Dallas POV*

I thought that Delilah would need some time to cool off and calm down. If any thing I thought every one needed time to calm down. It had all gone too far.

My mom and Eddie were angry, that was obvious. But what most people would assume was just pure anger, was actually their way of disguising their pain and worry.

I remember how hard it was for my family when they found out about my alcohol and drug use abuse. I remember my sister being scared and my mother terrified, thinking that I had been possessed. Going to rehab really helped, and I know it gave mom and Eddie the reassurance of my safety. But I also knew that it broke their hearts to see me in there.

And then their already fragile hearts broke further when my mom went to rehab due to an eating disorder and PTSD from Patrick.

And then, there was Demi. Who managed to hide all her problems for the majority of her teens and even in to adult hood. My mom hardly stopped crying all the time that Demi was in rehab. And Madison was beside herself with worry when she realised what her big sisters and her mother had gone through.

And poor Eddie, who had to suffer the heart break all 4 times. Once with me, once with mom and now twice with Demi.

The last time Demi was in rehab was because of her misuse and abuse of drugs. But this time it had gone so far that she over dosed. No one knew if she would survive. She spent a week in the hospital. It was the worst week of all of our lives. To see my baby sister strapped to those awful machines, hoping and praying that she would wake up was one of the hardest trails our family has ever had to go through.

And I knew that that was why Mom and Dad were so worried because they wouldn't be able to cope if Delilah ended up in the same rehab facility that we had all been to. They just want what's best for her, even if she doesn't realise.

I decided to go up to Delilah's room once again just to check on her and see how she's feeling. Because I want her to know that she never has to hide how she is feeling, nor does she ever have to bottle it up, because by doing that, it can make everything worse and much more dangerous.

I knocked softly on her door, my hands shaking.

"Lilah, it's Dallas...again. You OK in there?"

I waited outside her door for her to reply. The seconds passed slowly as I was greeted with nothing but silence.

"Delilah? Let me in kiddo. Delilah open this door. Right now young lady!" I tried. But nothing worked.

I grabbed the door handle and began to turn it. Click. Click. Click. No matter which way I turned it, the door wouldn't open.

That's when i began to bang on the door." Delilah! Open this door! You have one more chance! OPEN THE DOOR DELILAH!" I yell, pounding my fist on the door constantly.

I guess all the noise caught the attention of everyone else. Demi came racing up the stairs.

"What's going on Dallas?" she asked, holding her side and catching her breathe.

"It's Delilah. She's not answering me and she won't open the door. I'm scared Demi. What if she's doing--well what if she's, you know, with -" she gave me a small, sad smile as she took my hand off the handle.

"Delilah? It's Demi. Can you please open the door. We're worried about you." as Demi said that, I half expected Delilah to shout a sassy come back or scream back at Demi. But nothing happened.

That's when Demi tried to open the door too. She began shaking the handle so hard I thought it would fall off.

"OK Dallas. Go down stairs and find the Thomas'. Ask for a spare key or anything like that. Even some ladders to get in through her window. Just anything. I'm going to keep trying to open it." I nodded at my younger sister and threw my self down the stairs as fast as I possibly could.

*Demi's POV*

I'll admit that from day one I had had my suspicions about my little sister. But I hadn't realised how deep her issues seemed to run.

I had no idea that a 15 year old would be able to get their hands on alcohol, never the less get absolutely drunk. Knowing that my baby sister who I hardly knew was already following the same path that I took when I was younger, was scary. Which is why I thought that if I distanced myself from her, she would stop.

But I think that just made things worse.

Standing outside her locked door, trying my hardest to get in, I realised something.

I shouldn't have pushed her away. I should have spoken to her. Reassured her. I should have asked her what was going on, why she felt the need to do that and what I could do to help her understand her emotions and how to deal with them. I should have helped in a positive way instead of isolating myself from her.

I sighed.

"Delilah? Can you hear me? I'm sorry. I really, truly am. I didn't mean to push you away or make you feel bad, uncomfortable or lonely. I thought it would be better if you didn't get to know me so that you didn't make the same mistakes that I did. But I guess you already have. I want to help Delilah. Please. " my voice broke as tears escaped my eyes." please let me help baby girl. "

I waited, hoping against hope that she would answer me. But she didn't.

I shook my head and wiped away my tears. Right now I had to be strong. For Delilah, for Dallas, and for myself.

I could hear Dallas explaining to Delilah's Foster parents the situation. But I couldn't wait for them to find a key. I slammed my shoulder in to the door, crying out in pain. But I didn't stop. I had to know that she was OK. And so I did it again. And again. And again.

Until finally, the door burst open, slamming against her bedroom wall from the force. I threw myself in to her room, frantically looking round for her. But she was no where to be seen.

"Delilah!" I called out.

Again, silence.

Throwing open her closet, I foolishly hoped that she would be hiding in it. But what I saw stopped my heart. Her closet was half empty. And sure, I didn't know how many clothes she owned, but I was sure that this wasn't all of her stuff.

Turning around, my eyes fell on the open window. My heart pounded furiously in my chest as my head began to hurt.

And there, on her pillow, was a folded up piece of paper.

As I unfurled it, my once pounding heart stopped, my breath caught in my throat and my hands began to shake. A single tear rolled sorrowful ly done my cheek as her words echoed in my head.

Hey, it's Delilah.

Before any one freaks out - not that youse would - I left of my own accord. I just couldn't stand being in a house where every one hates me.
I need some time to figure out what the hell I'm going to do. About the Lovato/De La Garzas, about the Thomas', about the drinking, and about my life.
I don't know what I want to do, which is why I need to take this time to sort through all the shit that's going wild in my head.
I'm sorry I didn't tell you in person, but even if I did, I don't think it would have helped the situation.
So for now, I'm staying somewhere else. And I promise I won't be drinking or anything like that. I'm gonna run dry. Sober up. And mature.

Sorry, Delilah.

She was gone! She ran away! And it was all our fault. If we had have acted rationally and spoke to her about it all, then nothing would have gotten out of control and my baby sister would still be here, safe and happy. But instead we drove her to run away. To escape from us.

I fell to my knees, sobbing my broken heart out.

I needed to find her.

A:/n hi everyone! I hadn't realised how long it had been since my last update, oops! So here's another chapter, and with Demi's Point of view.

What do you think will happen next? Will they find Delilah? Or will she continue to run? Or maybe something else might happen👀👀👀Who knows?

Once again, I thank you all for reading and I hope that you have enjoyed this chapter!
And thank you also for all the votes and comments this book has been receiving, its brilliant and I love getting to hear your guyses opinions of what's going on.