Introduction ;

July 1st , 2006
South Memphis , Tennessee

" Nassi , be careful on that bike when you go out there  . Don't mess up your hair please ."  Aaliyah called out as her 10 year old daughter has ran down the porch of her mother Danielle's house.

They had just arrived there , about a hour ago. Nasir couldn't wait to get out there and get on her bike. Both of them had been
in the car for hours and couldn't wait to get to there.
She knew that she would be out on that dirt bike until it was time to come back in the house. Aaliyah stood at the top of the porch , smiling as Nasir ran toward her dirt bike and got onto it.

" Mom I got this." Nasir laughed fixing the pair of ripped capri jean shorts she had on.

Just watching Nasir , you could see the excitement all over her face. She wasn't the most girliest.

More than anything in this world , she knew she loved dirty bikes , sneakers , and any new rap albums or mixtape that touched the streets. Her mother knew it , but she didn't mind it. She let her daughter form into whatever she wanted to be.

Watching as Nasir started up her bike and placed her helmet on. She waited until she safely rode off the line and onto the side streets.

Uncrossing her arms from her chest she smiled as she made her way down the street and headed back into the house.

" What happened now Aaliyah ? " Her mother immediately asked as she sat at the diner table in the kitchen. The smile Aaliyah had on her face instantly turned towards a frown.

Removing the shades she had on her face , exposing the fresh black eye and bruises she had on her face.

" Oh my god." Her mother gasped placing her hand on top of her heart. She got up from the chair as quick as she could rushing over to her daughter.

Aaliyah fell into her mothers arms , with tears rushing down her face.

" He's a drunk...he's hitting on me and Nassi. I can't take my baby back there..." She cried out laying her head on her mothers shoulder.

And it was true , Aaliyah was only 17 when she got pregnant with Nasir. Hanging out with these niggas in South Memphis , she got caught up in a relationship with her dad Kane.

Probably one or the most hardcore drug dealers in the South. Besides him being a drunk , he provided for both of them the last 11 years. Buying them anything they asked for , a new house in Atlanta.

They had it all , but behind closed doors. Aaliyah and Nasir went through hell. Getting cussed out , slapped around , and even held Nasir back from going to school sometimes.

" I over heard him on the phone a couple nights ago ma...He's trying to sell me and Nassi for drugs." Aaliyah cried out again as her and her mother pulled back from their hug. She sniffled wiping her hands from up under eyes.

" You nor' my grand baby is going back ! And we're calling the police on that bastard. " Her mom spoke up rushing over to the house phone , but Aaliyah ran behind her snatching it before she could.

" No mom ! No one is calling the police , I just need you to let me stay here again please.." Aaliyah begged breathing heavily as she held the disconnected house phone up to her chest.