Interlude I (Into The Past 1)

Thank you everyone for the lovely comments and for pressing Vote button.

He looked at her and her beautiful face while something so strong stirred in his heart; he never felt any strong pull like that for any other girl. She is the only one who is able to turn his eyes on her more than a time. He had always been flanked by girls around him, handsome he is never let it go waste. Girls always try to get his and his brothers attention. His cousin brother who is equally handsome and brilliant as him has no time to have fun busy in studying wanting to achieve his dream and that left the girls with him being the option and he never hurt their feelings. Fun in life toh banda hai boss is what Dhruv Raizadas mantra of life.

He is handsome, brilliant but not as book worm like Arnav. Arnav is three month younger than him, and both had entered Harvard University through scholarship. His father Manohar Raizada cannot afford that much amount to send them to foreign land for their studies but they had studied hard and got into the university with their smart and intelligent brain. Arnav has only one aim, he has to win at any cost, achieve his goal and earn more money so much so that the world turn around and looks at him where he was treated as dirt by those selfish people. On the other hand Dhruv loves to have little fun in between his hectic study life; he has no inhibition in participating with date or no string attachment relationship. As per him there is no life without fun in it. But all changed since Sheethal Khurana joined their gang. His heart had started beating for her and his eyes could only look at her. And now looking at her laughing at something their friend Martin saying something in his heart did summer Sault like always.

His trance broke when he felt someone nudging him by their elbow; he looked beside him to see Arnav looking at him with amused eyes. Arnav 'When are you going to tell her?'

Dhruv looking at the coke can he is having in his hand 'What?'

Arnav 'don't show ignorance, I'm asking when you are going to ask her out. And you very well know who 'Her' is'

Dhruv 'will she agree it? After knowing my playboy character'

Arnav 'Oh come on, she is not a girl living in 19th century. She definitely will accept you if you are serious for her'

Dhruv 'I am.'

Arnav 'then don't waste your time and go tell her your feelings'

Dhruv 'you are right. I'll soon propose her'

Arnav patting his arm 'that's the spirit'

But soon his hope went down the drain; it was that day when he was planning to propose her he got to know her feelings towards Arnav. His dreams were shattered and blackness surrounded him. He felt himself like a fool. Hearing her gushing to her friends about Arnav he felt something inside him broke.

In their dorm, Arnav came to Dhruv's room 'Dhruv what happen? I'm watching you from past few days you are not attentive towards your surroundings. What is with you man? You said you are serious about Sheethal but yesterday night I saw you go with Rihana. Dhruv I'm asking you something'

Dhruv looked at him, Arnav 'Dhruv why is your eyes so red? What happen? Are you drunk?'

Dhruv 'So what?'

Arnav 'Dhruv!!!'

Dhruv 'Arnav leave me alone' looking at his defeated posture, Arnav sat beside him on the bed and held his shoulder gently asking 'What is it? Tell me, maybe I can help you'

Dhruv 'She does not like me'

Arnav 'Who? Sheethal? Did you tell her? did she tell you?'

Dhruv 'No but I heard her talking to one of her classmate. She likes you Arnav'

Arnav 'What?'

Dhruv 'Arnav I love her. I can't live without her. Do something Arnav?' he hugged him crying, Arnav felt bad for his brother. Arnav 'Dhruv sambhalo apne aapko everything will be alright. She is in illusion and when she will get to know your true love she will not remember anyone other than you. Dekhna tum'

Dhruv 'Really?'

Arnav 'yes!!!'

In next few days Arnav had announced Jessica (one of the girl from his college) as his girlfriend. Sheethal's all hope dashed when she saw Arnav with another girl. She never thought he will be dating someone when all she has seen is him with his book and nothing else.

In their room, Dhruv 'What was that Arnav?'

Arnav 'What?'

Dhruv 'You and Jessica?'

Arnav 'Chill Dhruv. Jessica needed a help and I needed help, so we joined together. Don't worry; this will go on till the time you win Sheethal's heart and Jessica's secret crush get jealous. Then everything will be fine'

Dhruv 'What?'

Arnav 'Jessica loves this guy from our college. His name is Ricky, he is fool enough to not understand her feelings calling themselves as best friend and she needed help to provoke sleeping lion so I decided to help her and in this way you will be able to win Sheethal's heart knowing well how I'm unavailable to her'

Dhruv 'You are doing this all for me?'

Arnav 'You are my brother Dhruv and I'll always want to see you happy, and Sheethal is my good friend so did not want her to waste her time on me when I clearly know I can never be able to love her back' Dhruv hugged him 'thank you bro'

At the end of their final year,

Dhruv 'Arnav, will everyone in our family agree with my choice?'

Arnav 'why will not they agree? Sheethal is beautiful, modern and brilliant girl. She is perfect for you and I'm sure Mami will be happy to see Sheethal as your wife'

Dhruv 'but.....'

Arnav 'Shhh now don't think too much, go now Sheethal must be waiting for you. I'll take care of everything'

Dhruv hugged him and went to Sheethal's house where he is currently staying from the past one week after his sudden marriage with her. The result of their love has started growing inside Sheethal and not wanting their daughter (Sheethal's father) to go through such a state alone, he pressurized Dhruv to get married to Sheethal as soon as possible before she starts showing off. Sheethal's father Dinanath Khurana is well know business man running IT company in London and Sheethal is his only daughter. Without mother figure in her life, Sheethal was the apple of his eye who gave her both mother and father's love. And now Dhruv is married to Sheethal with simple court marriage, it is decided they will have another wedding once his family agrees to their relationship.

But at the end when his family came to know about him and Sheethal neither they agreed with his marriage nor was Arnav able to help him. Dhruv had vowed to never return back to his family and left with Sheethal to London and started helping his father in law in his business. Only people who kept in touch with him was Arnav at the start, then slowly Anjali and Mami tamed down and kept in touch with him, started liking Sheethal too but Devyani and Manohar never were able to forgive Dhruv till he returned with Akhilesh after her death.

Precap: You killed Her....It is because of you she is dead.

Who thought it is Arnav in first few lines?

Target for Next update: + 300 votes, and of-course with your lovely comments (I've not set target for comments), so please don't refrain yourself from sharing your view on this update.

Happy Reading!!!

Thank You!!!