6

Cyrus's POV:
I knew something was wrong with Tj, he wouldn't tell me what but I respected his privacy.
I met up with Andi and Buffy after school near the exit like always. I can see Tj at his locker from where we were standing. He told me he's okay but the frown on his face told me otherwise.
Andi was talking about something Jonah had told her earlier today but I couldn't help but worry about Tj. "What do you think Cyrus?" Buffy asks snapping me out of my trance. "Sorry what?" I ask feeling bad that I wasn't listening. "Andi asked if she should be holding hands with Jonah yet" She clarifies. I grab her hand and inspect it, receiving weird looks from both of them. "Yup, I don't see why not" Andi smiles in response. "Hey uh, I don't think he's doing too good. Do you guys mind if I walk with him today? I just want to make sure he's okay" I nod in TJ's direction. "He said he was didn't he?" Buffy points out. "Are you always okay every time you say you're okay?" I raise my eyebrows. "Fair enough- guess I'll see you tomorrow" we then exchange our goodbyes then separate.
"Hey Teej" I say as I approach TJ's locker. "Oh hey" he says looking at me confused. "Don't you walk with Buffy and Andi?" "Uh well yeah, but I'll walk with you today if you'd like" I ask. But before he can protest i interrupt "They already left, so I have no one to walk with" He nods his head. I wait for him to finish getting his books and even hold his book bag as he puts on his jacket.
On our way home he didn't seem to want to talk much. "Is everything okay? I know you said you are but you know- just making sure" I tell him.
"Yeah, it's just that some days are better than others" he tells me. "And this is one of the..lesser days" he tries to explain. "Can I know why today was a bad day?" I ask him gently. "I-I can't"

TJ's POV:
I tried all day to get Cyrus out of my head but I couldn't. I simply couldn't.

And him being so caring towards me made it worse.

Even I was worried about me.

Cyrus was just such a great guy. And I felt bad that I couldn't tell him why I wasn't feeling good.
I knew I could trust him. And all I wanted to do is tell him that I think I started catching feelings for him and it's weird and I don't want it to happen and just tell him everything.
But I couldn't.
If I told him that I might like him, I might ruin everything. He'll think I'm a freak. He'll leave me and I'll just ruin another good thing in my life.
"Tj?" Cyrus says waving his hand in my face. "What?" I say. "Gee now I know how Andi felt" he muttered. "What?" I repeat. "Uh nothing- listen, I know we don't have math homework but I wanted to know if you wanted to come over? Maybe do some homework and watch movies or something?" He asks. "Of course you don't have to- I know you're tired and-"  he started rambling before I cut him off "Yes, I'll come over. Thanks" I say. "If I go home I'll most likely pass out before I even get a chance to start homework." I tell him. He nods happily.
I texted Amber that I wouldn't be home till later so she wouldn't worry just in case she came home and I wasn't there. We arrived to the familiar house and entered leaving coats and shoes at the door. "Go right ahead into the living room" Cyrus tells me pointing in the direction of the living room. I listen and throw my book bag on the floor taking out my books and stuff to start homework. I sit on his carpet so I'd be able to do homework on his coffee table.
After a couple minutes he walks in with a tray full of snacks. "Do you want pizza? I'll order some if you want" Cyrus offers. I look over to the tray and shake my head. I grab a cookie from it "Thanks" I say. I hadn't eaten anything but the muffin he gave me this morning. But because of all my emotions, I didn't really have an appetite. Cyrus sits down next to me on the floor and starts his homework too.

After maybe an hour or two of doing homework we were done. Cyrus was done before I was but he took the couple extra minutes while I was finishing up to start setting up Netflix on his TV.
He hands me his phone to choose a movie, I was in the mood for a comedy. He sat on one side of the couch whereas I sat on the other. We each had blanket and sat in a comfortable silence while watching the movie.

I didn't even realize I had fallen asleep till I woke up to the sound of voices in the kitchen. I rubbed my eyes and laid there for a while till I remembered that I should be home.
I shot up- startling Cyrus and whoever was in the kitchen with him. She was a woman, she looked like she was in her 40's. Probably his mom.
"Oh hey Tj" Cyrus says so casually. I quickly pull out my phone seeing that it's almost 8. Crap.
Cyrus sees me panicking "Don't worry, I called Amber and told her you fell asleep here. Wanna have dinner with us?" He asks me. I let go of the breath that I'd been holding. I nod my head and he walks back into the kitchen to assist his mom.
I went to his bathroom, washing my face and fixing my hair before going into the kitchen to help.
"Tj, this is my mom. Mom this is my friend Tj" Cyrus introduces us. I hold my hand out to her "Nice to meet you Mrs. Goodman" I greet her. She smiles and shakes my hand "Hello Tj" "How can I help?" I offer seeing they were cooking. "Oh we're almost done, if you'd just set up the table it'd be swell" she tells me.
When we sat down to I was able to met his step dad too. I hadn't met them the first time I came over. But they all seemed like nice people.

After dinner and after I said my goodbyes to his parents, Cyrus walked me a couple blocks home. I insisted that he wouldn't walk me all the home but we agreed to let him walk me a few blocks.
"Thanks for inviting me over today Cy, I actually feel better than I did earlier" I tell him as we approached the last block. "No problem Tj. I'm glad you're feeling better" he smiles. I smile back "well, goodnight" I said as we 'bro hugged' (I don't know what it's called but hopefully you get what I mean) "Goodnight Tj" then we walked out separate ways.