12

Cyrus's POV:
I waited outside the school the next morning.
Nothing.
My first class would be starting in 2 minutes and that would not be enough time to talk to Tj. Where could he be? He would tell me to meet him somewhere else.
I felt a hand on my shoulder and turned around to a sympathetic Andi. "Cyrus class is gonna start soon, he'll turn up soon"
"But what if he comes! Maybe he's just running a little late" I try to find excuses. "You'll see him at lunch, now c'mon you're gonna be late" Buffy tells me. I take one final look before heading inside.

The whole day I was uneasy. I just wanted to talk to Tj.
Every class was excruciatingly long. Like every minutes took twice as long to pass by.

I was in English class, my final class before lunch.
"Cyrus are you okay?" My teacher approaches me. "Uh yeah, just a little tired" I tell her. "Do you need to get a drink of water?" I nod in response as I stand up to get the pass.
I decided to walk across the floor to get to the good fountain, not the one with a bunch of gum stuck underneath. I took my time trying to relax.

As I turn the corner of the hallways I see a boy standing near the classroom door.
Tj.
He quickly looks up from the floor to me. "H-hey Cy" his voice was coarse. The bags under his eyes were dark. "What're you doing here?" "I just got here, I got up late I'm sorry." I'm sure he saw the pity on my face. He was tired, his face was puffy so you could tell he was obviously crying. "Can we talk after your class?" I mouth a sure before heading back inside.
I was calmer this time. At least I knew where Tj was. But I was still on edge cause I didn't know what to expect.

TJ's POV:
I was up the whole night, tossing and turning trying to think of how I'm gonna talk to Cyrus.
"Hey Underdog, wanna be my boyfriend?"
"Sorry I was dick, wanna go out?"
"Hey Cy, I like you- please don't run away"
"I drove myself crazy over you"
How do I bring it up? How do I tell him? Am I even gonna ask him out? Maybe he just likes me but wants nothing more.
I didn't realize how late it got till I saw the sky start to brighten
And I didn't even feel myself fall asleep.

The next thing I knew I woke up, checked the time and it was already 9:17
I was supposed to be at school an hour ago.
I bolted out of bed and changed clothing, not even bothering to get breakfast or fix my hair.
But I went back to the kitchen to grab a cracker at least to eat, I know Cyrus would interrogate me about breakfast. I don't want to lie to him anymore, at least with the cracker it's not like I didn't eat anything for breakfast
Then I ran to school, by the time I got there I know third period had begun. I didn't even bother going to class. I looked like I haven't slept in years and I have a puffy face. There's not way I'm going to walk into class late looking like this just so everyone stares at me.
I decided to kill time in the boys bathroom and attempt to make myself look presentable.
I was able to manage to fix my hair with just water and my hands. But there wasn't anything I could do to get rid of my under eye bags. I tried making the puffiness go down with cold water but that could only do so much in a short amount of time.
With a couple minutes to spare of class time I decided to head to Cyrus's class.
I still had no clue what I was going to tell him. So I decided to just wing it. To say whatever felt natural.
I stood there for a maybe a minute or two when I see Cyrus turn the corner.
I froze.
I felt myself turn ghost white.
I didn't realize how scary this'd be.
I wasn't prepared.
The only thing I could muster up to say was apologizing and asking to talk to him after class.
Like that wasn't obvious, why else would I be standing outside waiting for it to end.
I'm just stupid.
The next couple minutes felt like they were purposely taking longer to pass by, just to torture me.
But as soon as the bell rang I felt my heart beat as if it were to burst out of my chest.
Cyrus walks out the room after everyone else does. "H-hey" I say as if I didn't just see him 10 minutes ago. He responds with a hi and he starts walking in the direction of his locker.
I followed him, so that he'd change out his books and get his lunch. We didn't say anything until he handed me half a sandwich.

"What?" He asks after I take the sandwich but just stare at him afterwards. "Why're you like this?" He shuts his locker. "Considering you got here very late, you look anxious, tired too. I thought you'd need food." I watch him as he assures this locker is securely locked. "So you gonna tell me what's up?"