o n e: i hate you

Sam strolled through the Isle, making her way toward Ursula's Fish and Chips, paying no mind to the people she bumped into doing the process

Sam strolled through the Isle, making her way toward Ursula's Fish and Chips, paying no mind to the people she bumped into doing the process. People grumbled and groaned as she bumped into them, sending some falling to the floor.

"Hey! Blondie!" An old pirate said, calling her by the nickname many people called her on this part of the Isle. Sam raised an eyebrow at him.

"What?" Sam asked, rather harshly, her eyes glimmering from brown to gold.

"N-Nothing." The man said, motioning, taking off his hat and kneeling in front of her.

"Thought so." Sam mumbled, though she couldn't place the feeling she felt when she saw the fear flash in the man's eyes, it unsettled her to say the least.

Sam continued her journey, going through the rest of the marketplace where children were trying there best to steal apples from the stands, and failing quite miserably, being caught by the witch who owned it.

Sam stood in front of the stand, looking at the lady in boredom.

"May I help you?" The witch asked, harshly.

"Not really." Sam said. "I want to see if these apples are perfect. The last ones I got from you were not."

"Yes they were!" The witch said. "They are as perfect as they can be here on this god forsaken Isle, now are you going to take it?"

"I don't know." Sam said lifting an apple up and tossing it in the air. "They don't seem perfect."

"I have an apple that will be perfect." The witch claimed. "I'll be right back."

The witch disappeared into her tent as Sam tapped her nails onto the stand, waiting for her return. The children still looked eagerly at the apples, do Sam had an idea.

"Hey!" Sam said to one of the kids. The kid paled at the sight, holding the hand of his siblings tightly. Sam rolled her eyes. "Take some before she comes back."

They looked at her in confusion, before pouncing onto the stand and taking apples in their bags, disappearing into an ally way.

The witch exited the tent, holding a shiny golden apple.

"Here." She said, handing the apple to Sam. "Take it."

"What kind of apple is that?" Sam asked, glancing at it in confusion.

"It's a golden apple." The witch supplied, as Sam rolled her eyes.

"I see that." Sam said. "But why is it glowing?"

"It's a magic golden apple." The witch said. "It will help you when you most need it."

"Uh. Okay?" Sam said, hesitantly holding the apple. "It isn't going to put me to sleep. Or kill me. Right?"

"Now why would I dare try to poison one of my best buyers." The witch said. "I don't want anything to happen to you, Samantha, or her. If you know what I mean."

"I don't." Sam said, shaking her head. She pulled out her watch from her pocket, flipping it open and checking the time. "Lovely I'm an hour late, perfect."

"Wouldn't you much rather be on time?" The witch asked.

"No not really." Sam said. "I don't like when Uma gets like this."

"Oh yes." The witch nodded. "Uma, the Queen of the Isle." Sam nodded. "You know I always that title fell to you. But you're just one of her followers."

"No it's not like that." Sam said. "Uma is my friend, and I'll support her. I don't really care for her plans, they never do go right."

"Just like her mother." The witch agreed. "See you, Samantha. Take care of her."

"Bye, Enchantress." Sam said, not knowing what the witch meant, continuing her journey to the Chip Shoppe.

"Samantha!" The witch cried, as Sam laughed to herself, placing the apple she'd received into her pocket. "Where are my apples?!"

The smoky air of the marketplace was replaced with the salty sea breeze of the docks. Sam entered the Shoppe, placing her sword into the sword check, before making her way to the table Gil sat at.

"Sam." Gil said, his mouth full with food. Sam scrunched her nose in disgust.

"Don't talk with your mouth full." Sam said. "It's disgusting."

"Nice to see you too, Sam." Gil said after gulping down his food.

"When is it not?" Sam asked, pondering her question before changing her mind. "Never mind don't answer that."

"Your hilarious Sam." Gil said.

"Thanks." Sam said, flipping her hair over her shoulder. "Where's Uma?"

"Right here." Uma said, tapping her foot impatiently next to Gil. "Did you not see me?"

"I didn't look." Sam said, motioning to Uma. "What's up?"

"You're late." Uma said, getting to the point. "May I ask why?"

"No." Sam said. "I'm just late Okay?"

"Are you trying to avoid someone?" Gil asked.

"Dare I say who." Uma said, with a smirk.

"No." Sam said. "I'm not avoiding anyone okay. Stop insinuating that I am."

"Insinuating?" Uma said. "That's a big word for you Blondie."

"Shut up Uma." Sam said, tilting her head to the side. "Are you saying I'm dumb and can't use big words? That's honestly everyone here but whatever."

"Someone is in denial." Uma said, in a sing song voice.

"I'm not in denial Uma darling." Sam said. "I'm not in denial of anything."

"It's okay honey." Uma said. "That's the first stage of grief. You'll get over it."

"What am I grieving, Uma?" Sam said. "There is nothing I've lost."

"That's what they all say." Uma said. "Your denying your problems. See you'll never heal if you don't let them go."

"What problems?" Sam said. "I have no problems, Uma."

"You're trying to avoid the inevitable. It is okay honey." Uma said.

"I'm not in denial!"

"Yes." Uma said. "You're in a new stage now. Anger. Don't bottle it up Sam. Let it go. Don't be frustrated by letting your bottled up problems pour out."

"Please stop." Sam said. "I can't deal with you right now."

"Soon you'll start bargaining." Uma said. "Looking for a way out. Don't do it Sam."

"How does this have anything to do with me being late?" Sam asked.

"You were late." Uma said. "Because you're trying to avoid him."

"I am not." Sam said. "I don't know what you're talking about."

"Well heads up." Gil said. "He's heading our way."

Sam glanced behind her, as the son of Captain Hook strolled through the shop making his way toward them.

"Shoot." Sam whispered. "I hate you Uma."

"No you don't." Uma said.

"Yeah I guess not." Sam said as Uma chuckled and Harry drew nearer.