f o u r t e e n: little dizzy

Sam made her way through the beaded curtains of the Curl up and Dye, where she saw Dizzy sweeping hair off the floor, listening to Auradon music on the radio with her headphones

Dizzy looked up, catching Sam's eye and running into her arms.

"Sam." Dizzy squealed, as Sam patted her on the head. Dizzy pulled away from her the smile on her face replaced with seriousness. "Why are you coming to see me now? You've avoided coming here for six months."

"Oh wow." Sam did. "We are pulling out the guilt card now huh? I don't know Diz. Sweet little Dizzy. I don't know why I didn't come here."

"I heard rumors about you." Dizzy said. "From people who come into the shop. Are they true?"

"Depends on what you're hearing." Sam said. "It may or may not be true. It's sad that people have nothing better to do than to talk about me behind my back."

"They said." Dizzy began, not knowing how to say what she was going to say. "They said you're pregnant but I didn't want to believe it unless you actually said it yourself. Since they've said that before."

"People have such big mouths." Sam muttered. "I didn't give them any right to talk about me,"

"So it's true?" Dizzy asked, tilting her head to the side. Sam didn't respond as the daughter of Maleficent opened her mouth as she entered.

"Oh wow Sam." Mal said. "I had no idea you'd stooped so low."

"You followed me?" Sam said. "Hi Mal."

"Mal! Are Evie and Gigi back, too?" Dizzy asked, stepping in between the two.

"As if." Mal saw her smile fall. "But uh someone close to that."

"Who unless it's Maddie... Maddie!" Dizzy hurled herself into a hug as the brunette girl almost stumbled.

"Hi Dizzy." Maddie breathed.

"Maddie! Oh my goodness I missed you so much."

"I missed you too, Dizzy." Maddie said, avoiding looking at Sam.

"I, um, forgot that you guys don't open till midnight. Place looks good." Mal interrupted as Sam rolled her eyes. "So what is your deal? Has your grandmother given you any customers yet?" Mal quizzed as Dizzy excitedly replied.

"Ah, just a witch here and there. Mostly, it's a lot of scrubbing and scouring and sweeping. Lots and lots of sweeping."

"Sounds like the old Cinderella treatment, eh?" Mal said.

"Yeah, she's gone from Wicked Stepmother to Wicked Grandmother."Dizzy said.

"That's not really much of a switch." Mal said as Dizzy looked down at her boots. "Hey, Dizzy, you used to do Evie, right?"

"Yeah. I thought of the little braids." Dizzy said, smiling at the thought.

"You have any ideas for me?" Mal asked, twirling her hair with her finger.

"Mm." Dizzy made a frame around Mal's face with her fingers. "The washed-out blonde with purple tips? The best of no worlds. You can't see where your face ends and your hair begins!" Dizzy said, inspecting Mal's hair then turning to her nails. "Oh, what is this, "Bored to Death Pink"? Hmm. How far can I go?"

"Gosh Mal your being judged by a little girl." Sam said as Mal glared.

"The works? I mean, whatever makes me feel like me, but, you know... way worse."

"Yay!" Dizzy squealed holding up garden sheets. "Oh Sam I made a jacket for you. It's in the rack back there. It'll look better than that dress."

"Oh thanks. Quinn got me this jacket. I hate it but you know that jacket looks exactly like it except more blue."

Maddie cringed at the name, though Sam paid it no mind.

"It does doesn't it?" Dizzy said getting to work for Mal as Sam slipped into the back room.

"Hey! There I am." Mal said as Dizzy grinned.

"Voila!" Dizzy said.

"Voila." Mal repeated, handing her a wad of cash.

"For me?" Dizzy asked, as Sam came out from the back ,

"Yeah. You earned it." Mal said as Dizzy skipped to the counter but was intercepted by a hook.

"Fork it over, you runt." Dizzy I loved handing the mysteriously familiar voice the earnings she got from Mal.. the person placed it in his mouth tapping the register with his hook. "Now the rest of it. Hmm. Thank you. Mm-hmm."

"Still running errands for Uma, or do you actually get to keep what you steal?" Mal said, making her presence known.

"Well, well, well. What a nice surprise." Harry said, turning to look at Mal.

"Hi, Harry." Mal said, boredom in her tone.

"Just wait until Uma hears you're back. She's never gonna give you back your old territory." Harry said, he glanced at Sam. "I've been looking everywhere for you."

"Oh, well, that's okay. Because I will be taking it." Mal retorted. "And you should look harder. It's not that hard to find Sam."

"I could hurt you." He threatened, running his hook through her hair.

"Not without her permission, I bet." Mal said, pushing his arm away and defiantly placing her gum on his hook.

Harry bowed mockingly, and knocked over bottles and cans as he made his way toward the exit, disappearing behind the beaded curtain.

"Great. More sweeping." Dizzy muttered.

"He's so fucking dramatic." Sam said. "Bye Dizzy."

"Oh so you're just going to leave because Harry showed up?" Mal asked. "And how come I don't get a goodbye?"

Sam rolled her eyes.

"No, Malsy." Sam said. "I'm not leaving because of that. And why should I say bye to you when you didn't say bye to me?"

"You're still on that." Mal said. "You were always one to hold grudges."

"I'm the queen of grudges." Sam said.

"You're not the queen of anything." Mal said, crossing her arms over her chest.

"That's cute." Sam said. "I never liked you anyway. I don't care what you say."

"Bye Blondie!" Mal called as Sam descended the stairs, rolling her eyes.

She reached the bottom stair before being pulled into an alley and pinned to a wall.

"Don't go that way." Harry said.

"Why not?" Sam asked, raising her eyebrows.

"Evie." Harry said and as soon as the name the grin faded off her face.

"Great." Sam said, pushing him away from her and heading down the alley. "I'd like to give her a piece of my mind."