e l e v e n: hideout

Sam walked through the Isle, not knowing where she was going, walking around until she came in front of Mal's old hideout

She picked up a rock and threw it at the sign opening the gate.

Even though she'd tried everything to forget it. Uma's words kept repeating in her head.

What if Harry wasn't the one for her? What if they could never make it farther than being on and off forever?

She had no idea where he was, she hadn't bothered to think about what she was doing when she left, but she was losing her mind over him and she didn't like the feeling. It was easier for her to say she didn't care than to admit she wanted him. She was scared of losing him, she didn't want to. She didn't want to let go, even though her friends told her to, even though her parents told her to, because she couldn't. She couldn't imagine living without him.

She couldn't do that. She couldn't walk away, she'd tried and failed so many times. Sometimes there were times she couldn't deal with him and had enough, but she'd come back anyway. She'd always came back. It was just how it worked. She didn't know why it worked that way but it did.

They'd have arguments, they'd scream and shout at each other until one of them walked out, than they'd claim the victory for the argument and things would be fine the next day, both acting like nothing happened.

It was stupid really, how they could argue, how they could say they never wanted to see each other again and come crawling back anyway. It was a never ending cycle that they both had come accustomed to. They both knew they loved each other, they both did stupid shit that fucked up their relationship, but they'd had all those ups and downs and still stayed civil enough to stay in the same room even when they were off. Whatever Uma said didn't matter. She had him and that was all that matters. She planned to keep it that way, forever.

Sam was so absorbed in her thoughts, she hadn't hears the gate open as someone climbed the stairs and sat down next to her. He tapped his foot impatiently on the floor, waiting for her to realize he was there. But she didn't, do be tapped her shoulder. Sam turned to look at him, her eyes widening slightly,

"Hi Hector." Sam slurred. "What's up?"

"I'm going to assume you figured out what the Enchantress said." HJ said. "Well Harry said you did. And that you had a fight with Uma so I came to find you. This was a real dumb idea Sam."

Sam twisted a lock of her hair with her finger.

"I make dumb decisions." Sam said, looking at He nails. "Because apparently I can't make good ones."

"Your mom say that to you?" HJ said. "Because what she says doesn't matter. You'll do great Sam, I know you will."

"Hmm." Sam said.

"You've been through some things." HJ said. "You survived what you thought you couldn't. Now straighten your crown." HJ said, fixing the tiara she had on her head. "Because you're a queen and shouldn't care what the other people think."

"I like that." Sam said, with a slight smile, remaining quiet for a while.

"You know it feels kind of dangerous when you stop talking." HJ said. "What are you thinking about?"

"I don't know." Sam said. "I'm not thinking. I just didn't know what else to say."

"Right." HJ said, shaking his head.

"So you say I'm a queen?" Sam asked. "I like the sound of that."

"Don't get any ideas Sam." HJ said.

"I don't have any." Sam said in a singsong voice.

"I heard some rumors about you." HJ said. "They weren't uh, pretty. They were pretty messed up. But now the whole Isle knows your pregnant."

"I love rumors." Sam said. "I learn awesome things about myself that I never knew."

"So what are you going to do about it?" HJ asked.

"Ignore it." Sam said. "Those idiots are a waste of my time. I'm my top priority and they don't mean anything."

"Yes." HJ said. "You're thinking positively of yourself. That's a good start."

Sam laughed softly, her laugh fading into a sigh.

"Come on. I found you and Uma wants to apologize."

"Uma wants to apologize to me?" Sam asked. "Is she for real this time? Is she okay?"

"When is Uma ever okay?" HJ asked. "Besides, She's calmed down now. You'll be alright." HJ looked around the hideout that was covered in pictures of Mal and her friends. "Why'd you come here anyway?"

"I don't know." Sam said. "Going to where Evie used to be always makes me feel better. I don't know why."

HJ nodded silently.

The two of them walked out of the hideout that Sam would find herself coming to again, making their way to Ursula's fish and chips.