t w e n t y s e v e n: dragon versus octopus

Sam watched the news with renewed interest

Sam watched the news with renewed interest. Uma would come back with the wand and they'd be free. She watched the reporters repeating the same thing over and over to each princess and prince.

"Evie, you look beautiful!"

"Thank you so much. " Evie said with a small smile, her eyes looked unfocused as posed in her dress.

"Did you design the barrette?" The reporter asked.

"It's beautiful, isn't it? Uh, no, it's not my creation. Many of the hair accessories this evening are by a fabulous new designer, Dizzy if the Isle." Evie said.

"That's me!" Dizzy squealed. Her grandmother hit the floor with her broom.

"Sorry Granny." Dizzy said, looking at Sam with a grin. Sam gave her a high five.

They all waited patiently for Lumiere to declare Mal and Ben.

"The future lady, Mal!" Lumiere called from the top of the staircase.

The trumpets start to get played again, the sound quietly reaching the top deck as everyone falls silent again.

"King Benjamin!" Lumiere called, stepping out of the spotlight casted at the top of the steps

Ben came out with the l golden crown on his head, looking down at everyone with a small smile.

"Sorry Mal." He said

Another spotlight was shown. As Uma, descended the stairs.

Dizzy's grin faltered as she watched Ben and Uma exchange greetings.

"I'm sorry. It all happened so fast. Something happened to me when I was on the Isle with Uma. A connection." Ben said.

"What are you saying?" Mal asked, tears brimming in her eyes.

"I'm saying--" Ben began, interrupted by Uma.

"It was love!" Uma interrupted. "It was. I just-- I realized how alike Ben and I are, you know?"

Uma and Ben looked at each other with small smiles.

"Ben. Ben. Did you go back for her?" Mal looked absolutely heart broken.

"He didn't have to. I dove through the barrier before it closed, and I'm an excellent swimmer." Uma supplied.

Ben complimented her on her swimming, as Uma forced a smile.

"Listen, Mal." Uma said, gripping onto her hands. "I just really want to thank you, I do, for everything. Thank you. Thank you so much."

"Don't you see, Mal? You were right. You knew that we weren't meant to be together. That's why you never told me that you loved me. Thank you." Ben said, beginning to dance with Uma.

"Come on." Jay said, patting Mal's shoulder and pulling her along.

"Not too thrilled I risked my life for him." Carlos grumbled.

"We're with you, Mal." Lonnie assured.

"Let's get out of here." Jay said leading her away.

"Okay."Mal sniffled.

"Mal." Belle interrupted them as they walked up the stairs, grabbing Mal's hand. "Honey, we're so sorry. We had no idea. I'm gonna talk to him."

"Lumiere, unveil the gift. They need to see it!"Jane exclaimed.

"And now for the unveiling of King Ben's masterpiece, designed especially for his lady." Lumiere said looking at Mal.

"Ben did that?" Mal gasped.

"Yeah, he did." Gigi said.

"Oh! Evie. Ben's known who I was all along." Mal said.

"He loves the real you, M." Evie assured.

"A true love." Mal said.

"Yeah." Evie agreed.

"Told you." Carlos said, leaning over her shoulder.

"Cover that back up!" Uma exclaimed.

"I will not!" Lumiere said.

"Um, uh-- why don't you tell everyone the present you have for me, Ben?"

"I have an announcement! Uma will be joining the court tonight as my lady."

"Son..." Beast said.

"Not now, Dad!" Ben yelled looking in a daze. "The... Uh, so as my gift to her, I'm bringing down the barrier once and for all! Fairy Godmother. Bring down the barrier."

"I most certainly will not." Fairy Godmother gasped.

"I am your king!" Ben growled.

"Obey him." Uma demanded. She was so close...

"Ben's been spelled." Mal said.

"Uma found your spell book."

"Just look at me." Uma insisted.

"Ben." Mal demanded.

"Ben."

"Look at me."

"No, look at me."

"You love me, remember?"

"No, you don't."

"Yes, you do."

"Ben, look at me. Bring down the barrier now!"

"I do not take orders from you!"

"Ben? Ben, I never told you that I loved you because I thought that I wasn't good enough. And I thought that it was only a matter of time before you realized that yourself. But, Ben, that's me! I'm part Isle and part Auradon. Ben, eyes over here. And, Ben, you've always known who we were and who we can be."

"Don't listen to her."

"Ben, I know what love feels like now. Ben, of course I love you. Ben, I've always loved you."

"Mal." Ben said as she pulled away from their kiss.

"True love's kiss. Works every time."

"Ugh, give it to me!" Uma screamed, frustrated.

"No! Guards, seize her!"

"No, no! Stop, please! Stop! Uma, I know you. You are so much more

than just a villain. And you have to believe me, because I've been there. Do not let your pride get in the way of something that you really want." Uma said, leaning against the railing and diving in. "No, no! Uma!Uma!"

"True love's kiss won't defeat this. The world will know my name! Aaah! Aah!"

Green smoke engulfed Mal as she transformed into a dragon?

Quinn appeared out of the crowd, holding a knife to Maddie's throat a grin forming on her lips as she whispered something in Maddie's ear, dragging her below deck.

"Come on, Mal! Let's finish this once and for all!" Uma taunted.

Ben started breathing heavily, roaring as he dived into the water.

"Mal, Uma! Stop! Back down!

"What are you gonna do, Ben? Splash me?" Uma giggles.

"That's enough! It's got to stop! This isn't the answer! The fighting has got to stop! Nobody wins this way! We have to listen and respect each other. It won't be easy, but let's be brave enough to try." He turned to Uma. "Uma, I know you want what is best for the Isle. Help me make a difference."

Uma sighed, a small smile on her face as she handed Ben his ring, leaving behind Quinn who seemed content enough to stay in Auradon, heading back to the Isle.